Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely don't want Moyes and I'd find it hard to get behind him if it was to happen but I'd have him over Benitez. These Rafael shouts are the pits lads, seriously.

Moyes walks around like Everton is his own private fiefdom.

Do none of you remember those smug, sanctimonious final years at Everton?

If you want to go back to the days of knives to Gunfights, plucky little Everton, the massive bottling of big matches and the dour, patronising demeanor of the man himself then suit yourselves. We'll never win anything under Moyes.

We need a manager who understands Everton are a massive, massive club and envisages getting us back to that level.

That is a quality we will miss about Martinez. Defensively his tactics were inept but he 'gets' Everton. I don't want Moshiri to hire a manager like Benitez who treats it like any other job. For that matter I don't want Moyes either who isn't a proper winner. If it's a case of an inexperienced FdB then so be it.

You and me both matey ;)

I'd quite like Joachim Loew to be seriously considered - I know people will suggest his previous record at domestic level isn't fabulous, but he's a winner and if he guides Germany to the Euros and then joined Everton, that would be a statement of intent to shake things up a bit. Loew with Unsworth as his number two would be very interesting.

I'm sure interest in Simeone after Saturday would rattle a few cages too... and there may well be others.

Unlike Moyes, Hughes, Howe, Giggs, Steve Bruce etc etc.
Reality tells us he is out of our league at the moment.

Reading the article rather than the headline, he isn't even backing him. He says he'd rather give it to Pellegrini, but Moyes would do a decent job if they gave it to him. I'd agree with that to be honest. Absolutely 100% against him coming back because i want so much better, but there can be little argument that he would do a steady job.
i wouldn't accept Moyes back. The way he left us, the way he belittled us when trying to pinch Bainsey and Felliani - i can't forgive him for that. He's a good manager and had Villa gone all out to get him when they sacked Sherwood they'd still be a premierleague team but like you i want better. We should be moving forward not looking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back