Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though, Emery has to keep rebuilding at Sevilla because they always sell their best players.

Also, if he does have success in the CL (getting out of the group) he's pretty much extinguishing his only trophy opportunity each year, and his likely route back into the CL. Selling his best players is making it difficult to get into the top 4 especially as only one spot is effectively available, and despite being excellent in cup comps, to win a domestic cup he has to overcome at least one if not two of three of Europe's top sides every season. He's effectively looking at a mid table finish, no trophies, and more of his players leaving next season as the most likely scenario. That could be different at Everton, the top 6 is extremely fluid and domestic cups are more attainable.

Also, if he does have success in the CL (getting out of the group) he's pretty much extinguishing his only trophy opportunity each year, and his likely route back into the CL. Selling his best players is making it difficult to get into the top 4 especially as only one spot is effectively available, and despite being excellent in cup comps, to win a domestic cup he has to overcome at least one if not two of three of Europe's top sides every season. He's effectively looking at a mid table finish, no trophies, and more of his players leaving next season as the most likely scenario. That could be different at Everton, the top 6 is extremely fluid and domestic cups are more attainable.

In a nutshell mate.

Definitely. De Boer has remained in my top 4 picks throughout this whole thing. No idea why fully.

I quite like the way he's getting his people to slut himself out to us. Slut away Frank. Slut away.
I agree. People are using that as a negative against the bloke but I don't.

I think it's heartening to see a manager openly state that he wants to manage us, nothing wrong with that at all.

well it is because you are saying the prices are inaccurate and therefore represent massive value on unsworth

But I wouldn't place the bet as it's hugely unlikely it would ever get to that point.

Obviously.

Wasn't Pep Guardiola on the original lists at about 150/1 even though he went to City like weeks ago?

Emery has definitely stabilised the selling situation at Sevilla that he inherited. I stand to be corrected but their last two major sales were Moreno and Rakitic, both two years ago? No saying though that he has splashed the cash a lot on team building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back