Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Emery situation is the interesting one. Despite what their chairman said, I still think he is in the mix.

He has a buyout in his contract by all accounts which would deal with any compensation issues. Essentially it would be a case of persuading him to come.

You would have thought someone like him would see it as an ideal platform. He would have a much larger budget than at sevilla and is coming into the premier league which let's face it is where the money is.

Look at the quality of manager in the league next year. Why wouldn't anyone in emery's position not want to test themselves against the likes of guardiola, Jose, conte , Klopp etc? If we seriously offered him the role and he turned it down, you would question his true ambition levels.

The Emery situation is the interesting one. Despite what their chairman said, I still think he is in the mix.

He has a buyout in his contract by all accounts which would deal with any compensation issues. Essentially it would be a case of persuading him to come.

You would have thought someone like him would see it as an ideal platform. He would have a much larger budget than at sevilla and is coming into the premier league which let's face it is where the money is.

Look at the quality of manager in the league next year. Why wouldn't anyone in emery's position not want to test themselves against the likes of guardiola, Jose, contemporary, Klopp etc? If we seriously offered him the role and he turned it down, you would question his true ambition levels.
If he accepts our invitation to speak with him then all the Chairman's words are fluffity fluff.

I also don't think we are running out of options, rather just being selective. I trust Moshiri knows what he wants for the club and is working hard behind the scenes getting the best appointment possible. He's not going to appoint the first person available just because a few fans are starting to flap.

Until RK signs the extension, it's just hearsay from clubs and reps just as you'd expect them to. And as long as Bill is still upstairs, and his friends are in the media, the bookies will always have a place for Moyes. Moyes is happy mid table and plays for the draw, not exactly exciting and certainly not who I want back. But, he is still better than Villa, so I don't blame him for turning that job down.

Koeman... I still don't get what the fuss is about him. Apart from gaining Europa this year, he's done nothing to warrant the praise he seems to get on here. IF Emery is a no go (again, that's just from what we've heard, nothing official. He wasn't even supposed to be having a meeting until tomorrow), I'd be quite happy with Pellegrini or De Boer. Frank is a risk, it could go either way with him. Some say winning at Ajax is like winning at Celtic. This league is a different game, but he could take to it with flying colours- 'live in fame or die in flames'.

Manuel knows the ins and outs of this league, has in some eyes under performed at City, even though he has a league title and several silverwares, plus regular europe. But he's a solid manager and has something to prove. I wonder how many people would have creamed over the chance of him taking over from Martinez before his formed dropped on the word of Pep taking over, and more importantly before the Jose rumours flooded the forum?

Emery
then Pellegrini or De Boer for me

Got to love this forum, weve gone from FDB to Jose to Koeman to Emery to Koeman to Moyes to Koeman to big sam to Unsworth to Rafael to Koeman to MP.

We seem to go to huge ambition with Jose and Emery, to semi ambition in Koeman, FDB and MP to no ambition in Moyes,Big Sam and Tony Pulis, every couple of pages.
Utter dispair to joy love this forum

Why I don't want Moyes:

During his spell in the Everton hotseat, he made out he was a miracle worker by taking us to consecutive finishes in the top half of the table. In reality, Moyes was incapable of taking us any further.

Lack of finances meant Everton couldn’t compete seemed the party line from Moyes. Too many other sides boasted greater resources which meant we had no chance of success.

It seemed his opinion was that Everton would always fall short, whoever was in charge. Moyes was clever and managed to transform the country’s fourth most successful club into ‘plucky, little’ Everton.

It was all for his own gain. Downplaying Everton made Moyes look better.

Listening to his pre-match and post-match comments during his time at Goodison, one would assume he was the manager of a club just promoted to the Premier League, content with staying in the top-flight and making up the numbers.

There was the famous 'knife to a gunfight' comment, stating Everton had no chance of achieving against sides full of money and world class talent.

Against the best sides, Moyes lacked belief and often his players would be one down before a ball had been kicked, such was his lack of confidence in the team he had built.

Shortly after departing to man utd, Moyes didn't care one bit for the decade he had spent with Everton during his pursuit of Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

Starting with an offer for the pair Everton described as 'derisory', it stunk of disrespect. This was a man who constantly bemoaned other clubs making low offers for his players during his time at Goodison. Yet here he was, making the exact same moves just months after leaving.

David Moyes is solid and dependable, but he is not a winner. Football is about winning; not finishing sixth best. If he returns we can wave goodbye to any silverware.

Moyes simply lacks the attitude and mentality we must look for in our new boss. We cannot go back there. There are plenty of better, proven managers available this summer.

Why I don't want Moyes:

During his spell in the Everton hotseat, he made out he was a miracle worker by taking us to consecutive finishes in the top half of the table. In reality, Moyes was incapable of taking us any further.

Lack of finances meant Everton couldn’t compete seemed the party line from Moyes. Too many other sides boasted greater resources which meant we had no chance of success.

It seemed his opinion was that Everton would always fall short, whoever was in charge. Moyes was clever and managed to transform the country’s fourth most successful club into ‘plucky, little’ Everton.

It was all for his own gain. Downplaying Everton made Moyes look better.

Listening to his pre-match and post-match comments during his time at Goodison, one would assume he was the manager of a club just promoted to the Premier League, content with staying in the top-flight and making up the numbers.

There was the famous 'knife to a gunfight' comment, stating Everton had no chance of achieving against sides full of money and world class talent.

Against the best sides, Moyes lacked belief and often his players would be one down before a ball had been kicked, such was his lack of confidence in the team he had built.

Shortly after departing to man utd, Moyes didn't care one bit for the decade he had spent with Everton during his pursuit of Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

Starting with an offer for the pair Everton described as 'derisory', it stunk of disrespect. This was a man who constantly bemoaned other clubs making low offers for his players during his time at Goodison. Yet here he was, making the exact same moves just months after leaving.

David Moyes is solid and dependable, but he is not a winner. Football is about winning; not finishing sixth best. If he returns we can wave goodbye to any silverware.

Moyes simply lacks the attitude and mentality we must look for in our new boss. We cannot go back there. There are plenty of better, proven managers available this summer.

i agree with you there swedish sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back