Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The City fans I work with give him exactly the same grief as the Martinez-out posters do on here.....it's like an off-the-shelf abuse pack for football geniuses to campaign for dismissal......."no plan B", "can't defend without Kompany", "bought sh1te like Sterling and Navas", "clueless substitutions".....

And he looks like Niall Quinns dad.

If you want an ex-City manager who did a fine job, and who their fans still chant about then you need to be heading to Milan, not Chile with Moshiris cheque book.

Very interesting comments from Pellegrini this morning. I'm not convinced on him personally but with the exception of Chelsea who seem to be getting Conte, I can't see what other premier league club he would be referring to.

Pelligrini isnt for me ,I would prefare a younger man with more fire in his belly.Even when they won the title it took Chelsea to win at Anfield to put it back in there court.
Simone for me would be first choice,people will say we wont get him but " if you dont ask you dont get"
Joachim Loew would be worth a phone call... as you say, if you don't ask, you don't get.

It sound like he has us in mind there?

The Man City boss will leave the club at the end of the season to be replaced by Pep Guardiola and is set to take on a new challenge.
  • The Man City boss will leave the club at the end of the season to be replaced by Pep Guardiola and is set to take on a new challenge.

• JS82593900.jpg
Manuel Pellegrini has not ruled out managing in the Premier League next season – and not necessarily with a team that qualifies for Europe.

The Chilean will leave the Blues at the end of the current campaign and will be replaced by Bayern Munich’s former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

Pellegrini has been linked with a number of positions in Europe, including the Valencia job currently being undertaken by an under-pressure Gary Neville.

But the City chief is open to the prospect of staying in England.

He told the Sunday Telegraph: “There are a lot of interesting things here in England because all the clubs have money to have a good project, so surely a lot of managers will be interested in a lot of clubs.

“With the new rights from the TV deal you have more money and all the teams here in England can pick good players.

“It depends on the mentality of the manager. I always remember when I finished with Real Madrid I had a lot of different options and I chose Malaga because the project was interesting.

JS83787033.jpg

“It doesn’t matter which club you are going to, whether it’s a big or a small team, it depends on the project of the club and what they want to develop at the club and the players you can bring to the club.”

Pellegrini would also be unfazed by the idea of working with a club not in European competition.

“It’s very important not to play in the mid-week because you can work with your teams,” he said. “It’s impossible to work when you are just playing, playing, playing.

“All those teams who are not involved in Europe can work during the whole week, so I’m sure this season with Leicester and next season we will see a couple more teams involved with the title.”

It sound like he has us in mind there?

The Man City boss will leave the club at the end of the season to be replaced by Pep Guardiola and is set to take on a new challenge.
  • The Man City boss will leave the club at the end of the season to be replaced by Pep Guardiola and is set to take on a new challenge.

• JS82593900.jpg
Manuel Pellegrini has not ruled out managing in the Premier League next season – and not necessarily with a team that qualifies for Europe.

The Chilean will leave the Blues at the end of the current campaign and will be replaced by Bayern Munich’s former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

Pellegrini has been linked with a number of positions in Europe, including the Valencia job currently being undertaken by an under-pressure Gary Neville.

He told the Sunday Telegraph: “There are a lot of interesting things here in England because all the clubs have money to have a good project, so surely a lot of managers will be interested in a lot of clubs.

“With the new rights from the TV deal you have more money and all the teams here in England can pick good players.

“It depends on the mentality of the manager. I always remember when I finished with Real Madrid I had a lot of different options and I chose Malaga because the project was interesting.

JS83787033.jpg

“It doesn’t matter which club you are going to, whether it’s a big or a small team, it depends on the project of the club and what they want to develop at the club and the players you can bring to the club.”

Pellegrini would also be unfazed by the idea of working with a club not in European competition.

“It’s very important not to play in the mid-week because you can work with your teams,” he said. “It’s impossible to work when you are just playing, playing, playing.

“All those teams who are not involved in Europe can work during the whole week, so I’m sure this season with Leicester and next season we will see a couple more teams involved with the title.”

Have I misread, or are you suggesting that some of the trailer trash like Mangala, Otamendi, Di Michelis, Sterling and Bony were/are players proposed by or for the impending arrival of Guardiola?

If you were.....then WOW!
If you weren't .....then apologies in advance.

Di Michelis for one was 100% a Pelligrini player - as he had him at Malaga as well, first season he actually played really well for City btw, but age caught up with him massively the last two years - basically Alcaraz type signing without the one good year that De Michelis managed

Otamendi and Sterling probably woudl be Guardiola signings, Sterling given his age has huge potential to work with and has a lot of the qualities Guardiola likes from wigners/attacking mids - not the finished article as well which helps, and Otamendi was a massively rated cb in Spain so think Pep would have okay'd that signing

Bony and Mangala - god knows - but Mangala was exceptional and highly touted before he arrived and Bony had a very good record in the prem before they bought him as well.

Main problem with all their cb's is that when they play with Kompany they look greta when he's out they look terrible - and thats cos they are all a certain type - not leaders but ones who need a organiser next to them

The words "Eddie" and "Howe" are not in any solution to a problem we have.

The feller comes across like he was grown in a test tube with 'professional football manager' on the label. Utterly devoid of all character as fas as I can discern.

Wow. So you admit we have a problem??!

• JS82593900.jpg

JS83787033.jpg

he's desperate for once last pay day basically, avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back