Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The City fans I work with give him exactly the same grief as the Martinez-out posters do on here.....it's like an off-the-shelf abuse pack for football geniuses to campaign for dismissal......."no plan B", "can't defend without Kompany", "bought sh1te like Sterling and Navas", "clueless substitutions".....

And he looks like Niall Quinns dad.

If you want an ex-City manager who did a fine job, and who their fans still chant about then you need to be heading to Milan, not Chile with Moshiris cheque book.

As i said mate, i'm mixed on Pelligrini, has he massively udnerperformed at City - obviously - is their a lot of behind the scenes reasons why he may have - no doubt about it, their form since the annoucnement shows in many ways that. As a club from the top down they have been waiting for 4 years or more now for Guardiola and has always been a situation that the manager was keeping that seat warm, not ever the best situation to manage in really

To counter that though, he took over Villareal and the job he did their was amazing, same when he took over at Malaga too, and the style of football he palyed wa sto be commended at both - and both had sound defensives under him too

Madrid - hard to really rate any manager on what they did at Madrid tbf, finished second - got their record ever points total whilst doing so, and managed to manage a lot of masive ego's with no problems

so at the real top could say he underperformed, at middle/lower level clubs he overperformed and got them into the bracket that both Moyes and Martinez have failed to do - playing CL, interstingly both Malaga and Villareal had a cash injection around the time he took voer - so would be similar to what we may have

All depends on whcih manager we'd get if it happened, could be more of the same effectively as you stated, or could be someone that pushes us onto another level

His reputation is high enough he doesn't have to hawk himself around mate, will be interesting to see where he does end up at though and see if he can reproduce his work at Malaga/Villareal etc

It will be more interesting to see if he can get the biggest spenders in the league to finish in the top 4 this season :p

It will be more interesting to see if he can get the biggest spenders in the league to finish in the top 4 this season :p

Honestly City just handled that so badly it's untrue, half the players know that they will be out the door in a few months time no matter what and look unarsed and are probably thinking about saving themselves to perform at the euros and in the CL and getting their moves now, when the players have basically stopped fighting for the club any manager is screwed - see Mourinho for an example of that

Honestly City just handled that so badly it's untrue, half the players know that they will be out the door in a few months time no matter what and look unarsed and are probably thinking about saving themselves to perform at the euros and in the CL and getting their moves now, when the players have basically stopped fighting for the club any manager is screwed - see Mourinho for an example of that

Meh, I'd much rather have a manager who tells their players to shut up and perform whilst earning millions per year. Just my opinion though :p

Thats deffo not martinez then either

Haha, I can't really argue with that. Just not a fan of giving managers the boot mate. Look at the kip of Liverpool, United, Newcastle, Sunderland etc..... Done them loads of favours sacking managers... But hey ho, at least we're not Villa :p

Haha, I can't really argue with that. Just not a fan of giving managers the boot mate. Look at the kip of Liverpool, United, Newcastle, Sunderland etc..... Done them loads of favours sacking managers... But hey ho, at least we're not Villa :p

Think really mate it's more a sign of bad owners for all those 4 clubs - 3 of which have no idea about football in the rs, Newcastle and United - not sure about sunderlands owners but dont look like they have a clue either about the game. all 4 have got themselves in a mess by making bad appointments they effectively had to sakc, Dalglish, Hodgson, Moyes, Poyet, DiCanio, Carver, McClaren etc or have a messed up and fractured structure which means that the manager is undermined by the structure above - certainly the case with the rs transfer committee and the influence ed woodward and ferguson have at united for example

Think really mate it's more a sign of bad owners for all those 4 clubs - 3 of which have no idea about football in the rs, Newcastle and United - not sure about sunderlands owners but dont look like they have a clue either about the game. all 4 have got themselves in a mess by making bad appointments they effectively had to sakc, Dalglish, Hodgson, Moyes, Poyet, DiCanio, Carver, McClaren etc or have a messed up and fractured structure which means that the manager is undermined by the structure above - certainly the case with the rs transfer committee and the influence ed woodward and ferguson have at united for example

Exactly. Think I'd rather just stick with Martinez for now! I was an ardent Moyes fan by the way :p

Leicester booted Pearson and brought in Rainieri, Spurs booted....almost everyone until they found the right one in Pochettino. Sacking someone who isn't right should be expected. You take the chance and see what can be done, if it isn't working then replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back