Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would honestly go with Frank de Boer. Proven winner, looking for a shot to prove himself at the highest level. So long as he brings staff like Bergkamp and a couple of players like Cillessen, Klaassen and Milik with him

Out of all options I've seen he stands out despite the obvious risk. But then anyone would be a risk I guess.

I like him because he's something different. And we all like something different don't we?

Won't happen anyway. Sake.

Out of all options I've seen he stands out despite the obvious risk. But then anyone would be a risk I guess.

I like him because he's something different. And we all like something different don't we?

Won't happen anyway. Sake.

Would you have taken a pre City Pellegrini mate?

Any chance we can add Mancini to the voting options?

Can't argue with his results but I always thought his Inter sides were rubbish in Europe and took advantage of a very poor domestic league. He should have walked the title with City when he did win it. That said I think he'd instill the necessary defensive resolve to get us back challenging the top 4.

A lot depends on Lukaku for me. If he stays you only really need someone who can organise the team and his goals would carry us quite far. If he goes you'd need someone to change the way the whole team attacks (and thus most of the midfield) to spread the goals around more evenly.

Would be great if pellegrini's comments came from inklings in the media/football world that Martinez is close to the axe. **prays**

Look at his record before the Pep new was announced. Would your heart be completely in it knowing that the club have gone behind your back and hired someone else?

Everyone is allowed an 'off-season', he's won league titles mate. Martinez hasn't.

If a Man City manager didn't challenge and win trophies with the undeniable financial advantage they have over every single team in the World, and their ability to ignore FFP, I'd be wholly concerned. With that type of backing I'd expect Martinez to be winning trophies.
Pellegrini has failed miserably in Europe when he's playing on a slightly more level playing field with the likes of Barca, Real, Juve, PSG and Bayern. Do you think his European record is acceptable given the armoury he's had?

If a Man City manager didn't challenge and win trophies with the undeniable financial advantage they have over every single team in the World, and their ability to ignore FFP, I'd be wholly concerned. With that type of backing I'd expect Martinez to be winning trophies.
Pellegrini has failed miserably in Europe when he's playing on a slightly more level playing field with the likes of Barca, Real, Juve, PSG and Bayern. Do you think his European record is acceptable given the armoury he's had?

Unless i have missed it aren't City in the QF of the CL still?

Semi final with Villareal, QF with Malaga - yeah utterly terrible CL record he has

Also perhaps it could be argued that he's done what he has in difficult circumstances ie. his future.

Same with Mancini, it must be hard working under a constant threat of replacement (moreso than most I mean).

Semi final with Villareal, QF with Malaga - yeah utterly terrible CL record he has

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the gist of every single thread on Martinez is about him not being a winner with a winning mentality. Is the SF and QF now accepted as winning.....or are there two sets of rules? I'm just looking for consistency in the arguments nothing more. That said, personally I'd be saddened if Pellegrini were to arrive here. If RM were to be dismissed, which I don't want to see, there's got to be better than a 62 year old looking for a final pay day.

Also perhaps it could be argued that he's done what he has in difficult circumstances ie. his future.

Same with Mancini, it must be hard working under a constant threat of replacement (moreso than most I mean).

Like Martinez if you take the consensus on here........constant threat of replacement.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the gist of every single thread on Martinez is about him not being a winner with a winning mentality. Is the SF and QF now accepted as winning.....or are there two sets of rules? I'm just looking for consistency in the arguments nothing more. That said, personally I'd be saddened if Pellegrini were to arrive here. If RM were to be dismissed, which I don't want to see, there's got to be better than a 62 year old looking for a final pay day.
Pellegrini has won the Premier League and two League cups in fairness.

So, asking the question again..a..do you think he's performed well in the CL at City with the armoury he's had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back