Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a Man City manager didn't challenge and win trophies with the undeniable financial advantage they have over every single team in the World, and their ability to ignore FFP, I'd be wholly concerned. With that type of backing I'd expect Martinez to be winning trophies.
Pellegrini has failed miserably in Europe when he's playing on a slightly more level playing field with the likes of Barca, Real, Juve, PSG and Bayern. Do you think his European record is acceptable given the armoury he's had?

Er...

Pellegrini has won the Premier League and two League cups in fairness.

He has, and they are still giving him the bullet.

We've been told on here that the League Cup is a non entity when the pro Martinez people were pleased we were in the SF....seems the parameters change dependent on who the individuals in question are. Great if it's Pellegrini, waste of a trophy if it's the manager you want out. Human nature I guess.
Pellegrini also had a huge points lead after the first 8-10 games this season....so far ahead that the bookies were paying out on them winning the league.....isn't he around 13 points behind the leaders now? Massive shift that shows all that glitters .....

So, asking the question again..a..do you think he's performed well in the CL at City with the armoury he's had?
Unless i have missed it aren't City in the QF of the CL still?

Semi final with Villareal, QF with Malaga - yeah utterly terrible CL record he has

So, asking the question again..a..do you think he's performed well in the CL at City with the armoury he's had?
Looks like a reply to me.

1 league in three years, 2 League cups, would say overall he underachieved, obviosuly a CL win would change that around hugely but would appear unlikely to do it. Mitigating circumstances would be this season has been torpedoed massively by all the Guardiola stuff happening and that he was obviously well aware of long before the general public was

But thats like saying has martinez performed well in the FA cup whilst at Everton really, up to now no - but that can change as we are still in it like City are still in the CL

same boat theirs no good manager currently in the league then - as all have underperformed in the CL

And are they still in this year's?

They are. Did you watch their progress to this stage? The City fans I work with are not impressed, and the empty seats in the CL games support the view his performance is seen as underachieving with what he has at his disposal.

Anyway, we have digressed. If it's ok, my preference is not to have Señor Pellegrini.

They are. Did you watch their progress to this stage? The City fans I work with are not impressed, and the empty seats in the CL games support the view his performance is seen as underachieving with what he has at his disposal.

Anyway, we have digressed. If it's ok, my preference is not to have Señor Pellegrini.
And that's fair enough. I'd probably take him but I'm not saying he's my first choice. But to be honest I'm not sure who is, really.

On ghow he has managed at City - taken in isolation i'd agree, broaden the scope to udnerstand that he has only ever been a place holder at City until pep was available and he knew that as did half the players most likely, and look at his management career at Villareal and Malaga and he is a proven good level manager

On ghow he has managed at City - taken in isolation i'd agree, broaden the scope to udnerstand that he has only ever been a place holder at City until pep was available and he knew that as did half the players most likely, and look at his management career at Villareal and Malaga and he is a proven good level manager
He was Villareal manager for 'that' game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back