Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won multiple titles at Ajax, PSV, Valencia, Benfica etc.

In his first two years in the Prem, he's broke Southampton's recored points total twice in a row and got them to 7th and 6th respectively. After they've sold their best players.

Also one of the best/most accomplished players of his generation.

But no, he's not good enough for Everton, who have finished 11th for the past two seasons, and not won a trophy in 21 years.

Wow.

Fully respect him as a player, he hasn't set the world alight as a manager and has been sacked a few times. I don't want him, It's my opinion if that's ok with you. And he was terrible at Valencia.

There is no debate. One has won 3 consecutive Europa League trophies while the other bounces from club to club

Emery started his managerial career in 2004, so 12 years. In that time he has managed 5 clubs. Averages out at just under 2 and-a-half years per-club.

Koeman started his managerial career in 2000. In that time he has managed 8 clubs. Averages out at exactly two years per-club.

Koeman has Prem experience, Emery does not.

I think they're both good managers, I'd be happy with either, but Koeman is far from 'boring', and actually employs a much more 'exciting' brand of football than Emery does...

Before Koeman was appointed as Saints manager, Mancini was very close to getting that job.
Maybe the merry-go-round is only just warming up ?

Koeman has shown he's a quality Premier League manager with what he's worked with at Saints. Not my first choice, but look at the table from Jan 1 this year to end of season.

Thing is we used to say the same about Moyes. We used to have great form post Jan and finish between 55-65 points consistently with less resources than Southampton. I think Koeman is a good manager but nothing special. If we get him I wouldn't be gutted but equally I wouldn't be too pleased also.

koeman is nothing more than 'ok' imo.

And Emery is exactly the same but with a lack of experience in this league?

He's done brilliantly at Sevilla. I like him, but personally would have more doubts about him coming in than I would Koeman - though I'd be thrilled with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back