Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big problem for me with Mourinho is that a lot of the promising young lads we have coming through wouldn't get a chance.
Well, is he any worse than Martinez? He talks about youngsters all the time, but actually he gave a chance only to:
Stones - who Moyes bought and would play under any manager, not a chance to academy player
Galloway - who Martinez bought and would likely get a chance under another manager too, but credit goes there to Bobby, but it is not a chance to a player from our academy
Browning - the only reason he played is Hibbert is injured all the time, but when Hibbo was ok, he played over him, Martinez wanted to buy Byram, that would mean Browning would never play for this club again
Garbutt - Martinez played Hibbert over him in LB, he played only because of injury crisis, will likely never get a chance for our club again after his absolutely poor loan in Fulham
Pennington - got an odd game in the cup because Hibbo is always injured and Browning was injured too, played Lennon or Clev over him in RB
+ gave an odd chance to a few youngester in an odd meaningless game against Krasnodar... McAleny played competitive minutes under Bobby only in that game even he told us things like this about him:
http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/mcaleny-martinez-told-me-i-am-in-his-plans/
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/martinez-conor-mcaleny-can-big-9637387
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/conor-mcaleny-long-term-future-10827502

Mourinho is not any worse than Martinez. Plus Mourinho is only a manager for 2/3 seasons, and all our major prospects will still be there in time before another manager comes in here. But firstly we currently need to keep our team together. Academy is important, but the first team is more important.

We all know Mourinho is a world class manager, I agree with you though, I reckon he needs a project/challenge in his next job.

Its an absolute pipe dream - but id love us to show the ambition and actually go out and attempt it...

I'd love to see what he could do with us, given a decent budget, a youth system which is producing players and up against others at larger clubs.

I would have José any day of the week. Yes he can be obnoxious, temperamental and much more but he's a proven winner and that's it.

The majority of Chelsea fans absolutely love him and apart from Real (who are just an anomaly) so do the fans of other clubs he's managed.

Also, apart from the fractions he's induced at Chelsea this season, from all accounts a lot of players hold him in very high regard.

Yes there'll be questions about can he do it on a smaller budget and will he offer long-term success with the whole three year falling apart element.

But in the medium term I'm confident he'd turn the fortunes around of our club, offering a strong possibility of success and a foundation to build on.

Is it a pipe dream? Yeah I think so. Would he cause mayhem if he did come? Certainly so. But he'd be our mayhem causing madman!

And he's WAY better than Martinez will ever be...

Independent reporting today he has been offered national job by the Syrian FA. EFC has got to be a more attractive project/challenge, surely.....?
Yes, and if he doesn't like the players he's got, he sends them back & they'll replace them with 2 more...

The big problem for me with Mourinho is that a lot of the promising young lads we have coming through wouldn't get a chance.

carlos.jpg

It's an absolute myth.

Its an absolute pipe dream - but id love us to show the ambition and actually go out and attempt it...

I'd love to see what he could do with us, given a decent budget, a youth system which is producing players and up against others at larger clubs.

And that my friend is the nub of the problem... exactly this !!
Someone within the club needs to get Jose or a winner of his pedigree on the phone and simply not take no for an answer !!!

And that my friend is the nub of the problem... exactly this !!
Someone within the club needs to get Jose or a winner of his pedigree on the phone and simply not take no for an answer !!!

Completely agree mate... thats why i am hoping that Moshiri will bring in a new wave of ambition to the club and board and like you say not take no for an answer.

If Martinez goes, we won't be in for Jose or frank, more like Eddie Howe and David Moyes, poyet, Hughes, Steve Bruce,Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back