Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Martinez goes, we won't be in for Jose or frank, more like Eddie Howe and David Moyes, poyet, Hughes, Steve Bruce,Pearson

old-man-crying.gif

oh i hate them, there is no need... however if he was our scarf wearing manager i wouldn't be too bothered.

specially when he snides all over someone. I would want Mourinho just for the utter comedy of him getting us beating that lot at their place, running down the touchline to the kop sliding on his knees, then bowing and walking back laughing at Klopp.

What...? we can all dream.

And get it done by 20th April!

He already rumoured to have turned down the likes of Liverpool and spurs, plus he a massive gamble as he working in a weak league

He is a gamble that is true. He has stated he wanted to work in England, turned down RS and spurs at a time he was getting things going, his brother said on talksport recently he would be interested in coming over and working with him - we pay Martinez much more then he gets, he would have a bigger budget.

I think he would be well within our grasps tbh.

He is a gamble that is true. He has stated he wanted to work in England, turned down RS and spurs at a time he was getting things going, his brother said on talksport recently he would be interested in coming over and working with him - we pay Martinez much more then he gets, he would have a bigger budget.

I think he would be well within our grasps tbh.

OK fair enough but why is good enough for us to take a gamble on him? What has he achieved as a manager? Had he made world class signings as low price? What type of football does he play? I don't know m about him as a manager and I'm concerned that the fans want him because he a name.

The big problem for me with Mourinho is that a lot of the promising young lads we have coming through wouldn't get a chance.

You know what I think they would! He'd know he couldn't spend like he did at Chelsea, and may like the idea of doing here what he did at Porto on a relatively small budget! Who cares if he's only here a couple of years, he's a winner and as close as it gets to guaranteeing trophies. If he then went in 2/3 years time as he historically does, top class managers would be queuing up to take over! As you can probably guess I'd take him in a flash - and he may actually still be available now, but guaranteed he won't be in July!

OK fair enough but why is good enough for us to take a gamble on him? What has he achieved as a manager? Had he made world class signings as low price? What type of football does he play? I don't know m about him as a manager and I'm concerned that the fans want him because he a name.

I guess there is an element of that with his name. End of the day Martinez was a massive gamble, having won the cup and relegated his team. I would take the questions above for martinez before we got him and probably not hire him either.

Any manager we go for, unless its the top managers in the world, even then - would be a gamble. I like the football Ajax play from what i have seen of them, others might have better insight.

I would rather take a gamble on him, like southampton did with Koeman, then get someone like Hughes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back