Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont you want Emery?

Hes a top tier manager, people dont, no, people CANT say I dont want Emery and expect to have any credibility left.

No Zat, NO.

He's not a manager, he's a "head coach".

That's important...

Monchi is the mastermind at Sevilla.

Look at Ramos, even he looked good there before joining spurs as manager...its the system which Monvhi installed which means they can lose a manager and replace him seamlessly.

Koeman + Pelligrini are managers.

FDB + Cocu+ Emery are hesd coaches.

Id take FDB or Cocu over emery every time but i guess we will need to see if we get monchi 1st.

Think we're in the middle of finding the right combination between DoF and manager. One DoF may not be suitable with Emery and the other not suitable with FDB. We should wrap it up in the next 2 weeks in order to give the manager time to settle down and plan pre season. Otherwise next season is just going to be the settling in period.

I wonder if we got Monchi as DOF if he would even have Emery as 1st choice...different club and country = different needs.

Dear Farhad,

I'm getting really impatient, Been waking up every morning to check the news, every lunch break, and at least 3 times a night since may 13th to be disappointed that you still can't find the man for the job!! If it is taking so long to make a decision then how can you expect the fans to have any faith in the shortlisted candidates. Clearly none have stood out enough for you to make a decision, therefor none are good enough to bring back the glory days! Theres no top managers left that have expressed any interest so stop dragging this out and make a decision, the longer you hesitate the more we loose faith!

Dear Farhad,

I'm getting really impatient, Been waking up every morning to check the news, every lunch break, and at least 3 times a night since may 13th to be disappointed that you still can't find the man for the job!! If it is taking so long to make a decision then how can you expect the fans to have any faith in the shortlisted candidates. Clearly none have stood out enough for you to make a decision, therefor none are good enough to bring back the glory days! Theres no top managers left that have expressed any interest so stop dragging this out and make a decision, the longer you hesitate the more we loose faith!

Clearly" hahaha.

Open letters are for kopite biffs lid. Come on.

GET US A MANAGER MOSH LAR OR ILL FLIP.

He's not a manager, he's a "head coach".

That's important...

Monchi is the mastermind at Sevilla.

Koeman + Pelligrini are managers.

FDB + Cocu+ Emery are hesd coaches.

You've utterly lost me. Emery does all the work for training, tactical set ups, opposition analysis, motivation, in-game changes and that yeah? And this other mastermind investigates who to sign? No don't old mate Monster Monch is an important figure, but I don't reckon you can dismiss all the other stuff because it's kinda important.

And Pellegrini had some dude with lots of letters in his name making gash signings at City, so he's probs a head coach then too.

You've utterly lost me. Emery does all the work for training, tactical set ups, opposition analysis, motivation, in-game changes and that yeah? And this other mastermind investigates who to sign? No don't old mate Monster Monch is an important figure, but I don't reckon you can dismiss all the other stuff because it's kinda important.

And Pellegrini had some dude with lots of letters in his name making gash signings at City, so he's probs a head coach then too.

Emery does all the 1st team work whilst Monchi does everything else like appointing all staff + liaising with scouts and also all non 1st team coaches.

Monchi also appoints managers (after board confirmation). Look at Juande Ramos who went to Spurs and then look at Emery-- very similar playing style and results because thats the model which Monchi installed.

A bit like Ajax, FDB has gone so the DOF there (overmars) will bring in a coach who uses a similar style of play to FDB. Same as Barca etc....

Look at Utd who changed their traditional style under LVG, if they had monchi they wouldnt habe appointed moyes of LVG but would already have a list of managers to replicate SAFs style of play.

Emery does all the 1st team work whilst Monchi does everything else like appointing all staff + liaising with scouts and also all non 1st team coaches.

Monchi also appoints managers (after board confirmation). Look at Juande Ramos who went to Spurs and then look at Emery-- very similar playing style and results because thats the model which Monchi installed.

A bit like Ajax, FDB has gone so the DOF there (overmars) will bring in a coach who uses a similar style of play to FDB. Same as Barca etc....

Look at Utd who changed their traditional style under LVG, if they had monchi they wouldnt habe appointed moyes of LVG but would already have a list of managers to replicate SAFs style of play.
Zat you're chatting utter horse manure here.

Yeah I know what a director of football does, but I don't know how you can then disregard the "head coach" (if we want to get really wanky and start using terms like that). Monchi is obviously good at what he does, and so is Emery.

If it's just that sort of system you're after, then it looks like you're in luck. To me, your evaluations of the people involved is a little funky though.

Monchi does an outstanding job, no doubt, he buys the right players, Arouna Kone aside, but its the "head coach" who does the work on the training ground, its the "head coach" who picks the team, motivates the players, Emery does every single player a little video to study before every game, the mans a genius, hes just done something nobody else has ever done and you have the bad manners to call him just a "head coach", im disgusted, utterly fuming.

You say Koeman and Pellegrini are managers, both currently work under a DoF, basically your chatting utter wham.

Embrace the Emery.

Yeah I know what a director of football does, but I don't know how you can then disregard the "head coach" (if we want to get really wanky and start using terms like that). Monchi is obviously good at what he does, and so is Emery.

If it's just that sort of system you're after, then it looks like you're in luck. To me, your evaluations of the people involved is a little funky though.

I just think there are better options out there as a head coach than emery.

Monchi does an outstanding job, no doubt, he buys the right players, Arouna Kone aside, but its the "head coach" who does the work on the training ground, its the "head coach" who picks the team, motivates the players, Emery does every single player a little video to study before every game, the mans a genius, hes just done something nobody else has ever done and you have the bad manners to call him just a "head coach", im disgusted, utterly fuming.

You say Koeman and Pellegrini are managers, both currently work under a DoF, basically your chatting utter wham.

Embrace the Emery.

Koeman apparently doesnt coach but delegates + i cant imagine pelligrini coaching...

i prefer someone "hands on".

Doesnt it concern you that he didnt win a single away game last season and failed in russia ?

Koeman apparently doesnt coach but delegates + i cant imagine pelligrini coaching...

Doesnt it concern you that he didnt win a single away game last season and failed in russia ?

Nope, not a single bit.

Every manager has "flaws".

Jose has had bad Seasons, SAF even had a few stinkers, Kendall, you dont just take those seasons in isolation, you look at the bigger picture, Emery ironically took over Valencia from Koeman, when it was on its arse.

Theres very few managers and very few clubs that dont have a DoF, the old manager is getting phased out, its all about DoF, Sports science of freaking opta stats, its a new dawn Zat, a brand new dawn.

Personally the away stuff doesn't bother me as it's a massive outlier in his career, and I couldn't be less arsed about the Russian league.

This guy is the business, I want him at Everton. As a manager or a head coach or a sensei or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back