Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats the case and emery is a total failure then a new manager appointed the DOF would be fired.

Never works like that though, the DOF would be a long term appointment who has the task of running all non-first team matters and so is a key cog in the club.

The managers would be appointed to fit in with his processes and procedures and the club culture like southampton and also closer to home, Ajax.
Not exactly Zat. Any club with a DoF will look for a manager/head coach that will fit in seemlessly with the club's philosophy.

Totally done over, finished 3rd in a group with Juve and City in.

Actually beat Juve at home.

Come now Zat, admit you have no idea what your saying and we can all move on.

And the past 2 seasons ? Group stage 3rd place right?

Cocu did better....

Not exactly Zat. Any club with a DoF will look for a manager/head coach that will fit in seemlessly with the club's philosophy.

Thats why i think hiring the DOF should be the priority to mould the "philosophy" and provide a shortlist of managerial candidates to the chairman...he would be the long term hire as we see in every european club from AC Milan to everywhere else....

Until monchi arrived a decade before emery.

"Emery returned to Spain in January 2012 on another rescue mission: save a Sevilla side that was hopelessly lost, having previously been one of the most vibrant, attractive sides in Europe."

Sounds like Monchi really played a blinder in those ten years then.

Might I add that quote came from the FFT feature that ranked him the 7th best manager in the world last year.

Until monchi arrived a decade before emery.

Zat, you dont have to sell me Monchi, I know what the man is.

But your overlooking the work Emery has done, just as you are overlooking Ramos Career, the man went on to manager Real Madrid after Spurs.

These are the managers that have worked under Monchi, only 2 of them were successful.

1 July 2000 – 30 June 2005 Joaquín Caparrós
1 July 2005 – 26 Oct 2007 Juande Ramos
27 Oct 2007 – 23 March 2010 Manolo Jiménez
25 March 2010 – Sept 26, 2010 Antonio Álvarez
Sept 27, 2010 – 30 June 2011 Gregorio Manzano
1 July 2011 – 6 Feb 2012 Marcelino
7 Feb 2012 – 14 Jan 2013 Míchel
14 Jan 2013– Unai Emery

But your overlooking the work Emery has done, just as you are overlooking Ramos Career, the man went on to manager Real Madrid after Spurs.

These are the managers that have worked under Monchi, only 2 of them were successful.

14 Jan 2013– Unai Emery

The last two, marcelino is doing fine at villareal and michel did great in greece but im not sure how he did at marseille....

I blame the sevilla chairman lol

Lolol, comparing pretty much ANYTHING to Leicester this season would be 'not that impressive '. If that's the kind of bar you've set I feel sorry for anyone who tries to meet your expectations.

I think you may have taken this the wrong way, all I mean is if Ranieri won the League with what most of us deemed a lesser squad, then koeman getting 6th isn't really as big a deal as it would normally be, the league was just mental last year. Not disssing Leicesters achievement at all.

14 Jan 2013– Unai Emery

The last two, marcelino is doing fine at villareal and michel did great in greece but im not sure how he did at marseille....

I blame the sevilla chairman lol

"Emery returned to Spain in January 2012 on another rescue mission: save a Sevilla side that was hopelessly lost, having previously been one of the most vibrant, attractive sides in Europe."

Sounds like Monchi really played a blinder in those ten years then.

Might I add that quote came from the FFT feature that ranked him the 7th best manager in the world last year.

When monchi arrived they were in major dire straits...he was instrumental in hiring Ramos who changed the style and then kept it going over next few managers.

Michel wasnt good and lost alot of games, basically doing a koeman in spain...they still had very good players though due to monchi and emery came in of course and they did well agaim.

When monchi arrived they were in major dire straits...he was instrumental in hiring Ramos who changed the style and then kept it going over next few managers.

Michel wasnt good and lost alot of games, basically doing a koeman in spain...they still had very good players though due to monchi and emery came in of course and they did well agaim.

So you think they kept the same tactics for 16 years and then suddenly it started working?

*giggle*

Thats why i think hiring the DOF should be the priority to mould the "philosophy" and provide a shortlist of managerial candidates to the chairman...he would be the long term hire as we see in every european club from AC Milan to everywhere else....
Don't disagree there Zat. All I'm saying is that if Monchi ends up here, it will be because of Emery. Not the other way around. Eventually after Emery has left then we'll look for a new head coach that shares the same footballing philosophy as the DoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back