Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very concerning indeed. Is he just another cup Manager?

He's done well for Valencia (very well) in the league and same with Sevilla.

So he's definitelty "top notch", however not winning a single away game is shocking. Failing in russia could habe been anything i suppose but the away record last season is shocking.

How to tell if he's a great coach or has had great players (at valencia and Sevilla) bought by a top DOF?

I'm not suggesting we hire him but i wonder how Unsworth would do under a top class DOF like Monchi? Hes done well with the u21s and very highly rated as a coach. Knows the players well and understands the culture of the club....not a big draw for players and wouldnt know the market but that would be Monchis job.

I have no idea about emery as he just seems to play the same way sevilla have done for years under a system creatwd hy monchi.

Nope, not a single bit.

Every manager has "flaws".

Jose has had bad Seasons, SAF even had a few stinkers, Kendall, you dont just take those seasons in isolation, you look at the bigger picture, Emery ironically took over Valencia from Koeman, when it was on its arse.

Theres very few managers and very few clubs that dont have a DoF, the old manager is getting phased out, its all about DoF, Sports science of freaking opta stats, its a new dawn Zat, a brand new dawn.

Would it make any difference to you if his away record was actually his home record and vice versa?

Personally the away stuff doesn't bother me as it's a massive outlier in his career, and I couldn't be less arsed about the Russian league.

This guy is the business, I want him at Everton. As a manager or a head coach or a sensei or whatever.

As "the business" dont you think he should be finishing 4th in the league each season behind the "big 3"?

Also winning the UEFA 3 times in a row is amazing but dont forget each time he was knocked out of the chanps league to get there...

As "the business" dont you think he should be finishing 4th in the league each season behind the "big 3"?

Also winning the UEFA 3 times in a row is amazing but dont forget each time he was knocked out of the chanps league to get there...

What have they gone, 5th, 5th, 7th? While winning a European pot in each of those three years?

He's done well for Valencia (very well) in the league and same with Sevilla.

So he's definitelty "top notch", however not winning a single away game is shocking. Failing in russia could habe been anything i suppose but the away record last season is shocking.

How to tell if he's a great coach or has had great players (at valencia and Sevilla) bought by a top DOF?

I'm not suggesting we hire him but i wonder how Unsworth would do under a top class DOF like Monchi? Hes done well with the u21s and very highly rated as a coach. Knows the players well and understands the culture of the club....not a big draw for players and wouldnt know the market but that would be Monchis job.

I have no idea about emery as he just seems to play the same way sevilla have done for years under a system creatwd hy monchi.

Monchi doesnt pick the system, Monchi is just a glorified head scout, he doesnt do the tactics, please stop with this.

What have they gone, 5th, 5th, 7th? While winning a European pot in each of those three years?

Yep....not 4th though which is where they should be if hes that great + not in champs league quarters at least...

Dont get me wrong hes done very well but not amazing....amazing would be 4th or better and champs league quarters or better 3 seasons straight.

Monchi doesnt pick the system, Monchi is just a glorified head scout, he doesnt do the tactics, please stop with this.

When he took over as DOF he would have then provided a short list of candidates to replace the current manager....with a specific system.

He then provides a list each time the manager gets booted...

So yeah he doesnt "pick the system" exactly but he picks the managers who follow the system.

Yep....not 4th though which is where they should be if hes that great + not in champs league quarters at least...

Dont get me wrong hes done very well but not amazing....amazing would be 4th or better and champs league quarters or better 3 seasons straight.

Maybe Monchi is the problem.

He was told to focus on winning Cups.

When he took over as DOF he would have then provided a short list of candidates to replace the current manager....with a specific system.

He then provides a list each time the manager gets booted...

So yeah he doesnt "pick the system" exactly but he picks the managers who follow the system.

Thats simply not true, the Chairman picks the manager, managers go into clubs all the time with different systems, anyway, you dont want Emery, superb.

I will pray to Jesus that we appoint him.

If Monchi ends up at Everton it will be because Emery wants to bring him here, not the other way around. If Emery doesn't happen than I'm convinced Monchi also won't happen. DoF and head coach will only work if both men have the same philosophy on football.

If Monchi ends up at Everton it will be because Emery wants to bring him here, not the other way around. If Emery doesn't happen than I'm convinced Monchi also won't happen. DoF and head coach will only work if both men have the same philosophy on football.

If thats the case and emery is a total failure then a new manager appointed the DOF would be fired.

Never works like that though, the DOF would be a long term appointment who has the task of running all non-first team matters and so is a key cog in the club.

The managers would be appointed to fit in with his processes and procedures and the club culture like southampton and also closer to home, Ajax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back