Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit I didn't know. And it changes any excitement I had about him.

We have to get someone who has won stuff. Either as a player or a manager. Or both.
Bielsa managed Argentina to an Olympic gold medal and won titles with two different clubs in Argentina. It's not the most spectacular managerial record in the world, but he's got trophies.

Bielsaaaaaaaa

Brilliant. Apparently he's not overly arsed about defence and goes for all out attack. Sounds right up our street.

Apparently Bielsa's the Argentine Pardew. We'll walk the league for 6 months and there'll be relegation form for the last few because everyone's gassed.

If it's true that Moshiri is good friends with Mourinho's agent, I would be very surprised if they have not discussed the idea between them should he not go to United, I don't see where else he would go if he wants to stay in the Premier League.

If it's true that Moshiri is good friends with Mourinho's agent, I would be very surprised if they have not discussed the idea between them should he not go to United, I don't see where else he would go if he wants to stay in the Premier League.
At the very least we should be showing our interest. If we haven't, then we are no better off than with Bill really.

he will.

Just not yet.
Agree. Three options: we get knocked out of the FA cup and you sack him at the end of the season; we win and all parties have saved face and we thank him for his service; we win and he is given the start of next season. All of these are very Everton. Sacking him now just won't happen (and I'm not even arguing that it shouldn't happen). I'm at a place now where I think he needs to go, but I'm hoping rather than expecting we can somehow go on a winning streak and win the cup. I'd be amazed if anything happens before the end of the season. But I'd be equally surprised if he's in charge next season. Too many things feel broken.

Was talking to a mate today who in all fairness is generally clued up on football. What scared me is when I was ranting about Martinez was his reply, which I think generally represents the image of Everton as a whole.

He came back to me with, "apart from Moyes, is there really anyone else out there not free who would go to Everton?" He's never been disparaging about Everton before, and it spoke volumes really. We're seen from the outside as a whole as we were pre-Moyes, just another old club with its best days behind us. With how influential the media appear to be these days in the hype surrounding new managers, will we be able to attract the top quality? Honestly think that's what is needed, if anything, just to keep our four best players at the club. Without those players we're looking at another three years at least to get back to where we are now.
I hope you told this mate of yours to jog on and give his head a massive wobble. If you didn't, phone him and tell him right now

IF Everton wants to keep going with same approach than theyve been doing before it'll be someone like Howe, Flores, Monk, De Boer even....but if we ditch that thinking as a club we might see older and experienced managers who have the goods already.

If this Bielsa rumour has something innit it looks like Moshiri isnt afraid to change the managerial ethos of Everton Football Club.

"I wouldn't agree that you have to follow a plan in order to change a manager," he said ahead of Sunday's visit of his former club.

"It was an honest decision which they felt they needed to make and then went into a process to try to identify the new man.

"I don't think that is wrong. I feel it is wrong when you are in your job and you feel the club is moving actively to replace the man who is taking the team to win a game.

"If you are asking me I prefer a football club who identify a problem, act and then move into step two.

"I don't think it is correct from a human values point of view that you replace a manager before you get rid of the current one - I don't think that is right at all."

Four men have been in charge of Swansea in less than two years - Michael Laudrup, Monk, Curtis and now Guidolin.

Martinez believes that may have contributed to them struggling in the Premier League this season.

"If you are asking me what way of managing is more effective it is when you have continuity," said the Toffees boss.

"In the modern game we are inclined to chop and change and not have too much of a path for teams to develop.

"I think it is a real shame but I am sure it will turn around and go back to the most effective manner, which is supporting a manager and understanding how difficult winning games on a consistent basis is."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/evert...r-quick-turnover-managers#QblvLrb6EvTsXOBK.99

Bielsa was linked to swansea, was this rumours or were they close?

What had he won and why is he special? It's seems that pep and pochettino say he one of the best minds in football.

It's seems that his teams run out of steam in the second half of the season due to tirdness but it would be a hell of a ride.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back