Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What people need to realise is that whilst Biesla inspired managers like Guardiola and Pochettino, both of those amongst others took the basis of his high pressing game and TWEAKED it.

Basically Biesla (like Martinez) adapts the purest forms of their philosophy with little in terms of a plan B.

my own personal opinion is that he would be a bad appointment, his temperament and stubbornness may have us as frustrated as we currently are under Roberto, alongside the fact the bloke hasn't won any trophies in the game.

If we don't go for a top manager like Mourinho or Emery then we really do need to aim for a Mancini or Pellegrini.

Are you available? I bet you are good on football manager.

If Gary Neville can get a gig in Spain, I am sure Roberto can.

But he would get nowhere near the wage he is on here.

He is a very good 'one off game manager' no doubt about that. The FA Cup has been very good to him (even last season we where very unlucky to lose to West Ham with 10 men).
But he got Wigan relegated and a taken a well drilled and very competitive squad of talented players here, to the lower end of mid table in the league and I can only see that decline becoming more evident as the seasons progress.

Any club would analyse our consistency with no finance as such over the decade of Moyes in charge, and then the capitulation of the past 24 months in the league with 100m spent with Martinez in charge.

Would you hire him?

But he would get nowhere near the wage he is on here.

We don't pay the difference do we? lol
He is a Manager that wants to manage. Not stay out of the game for 3 seasons.

Would you hire him?

If we could find the poll when Moyes left you will see I was scathing. I didn't want to touch him. Fortunately for him though, there are BKs and Daves out there in the world that gush at the thought of him. He will find a job immediately.

Agree with groucho here I don't feel sorry for him. Although football managers tend to get sacked regularly they do get paid very well and like Bobby are either paid up or kept on gardening leave until another job comes along. A bit different to the real world that if you're sacked that's your lot.
Think it's pretty much the same as the "real world" if you're on a fixed term contract and sacked for something other than gross misconduct.

I think what we are all forgetting with Jose is the fact that his Chelsea contract was 30m over 4 years.

Seems unlikely we would pay a manager 250k a week.

Basically, Jose is OFF lads.
We pay Martinez 3m a year, we could give Jose 5m a year no problem.

Mourinho is not money motivated, he didn't want his pay off from Chelsea when they sacked him.

I don't really want Bielsa, he's never won anything and he plays a crazy formation that I don't think would work over a whole season in the prem.

My god the Pellegrini shouts really need to do one. Look at him, he's fed up, bored and looks ready for retirement. The only significant thing he's ever won is a Premier League with the most expensive ever team in this country, and a title that was gifted to him by Slippy G
I'd say same things about Ranieri last year.

I don't really want Bielsa, he's never won anything and he plays a crazy formation that I don't think would work over a whole season in the prem.

Also for a 60 year old he hasnt got a lot of games under his belt, probably because he keeps leaving clubs and then buggering off for years.

He would be intriguing at least. I dont like his choice of dresswear. I always like my managers to look smart and wear a suit. Bielsa is a bit of a meff.

Also for a 60 year old he hasnt got a lot of games under his belt, probably because he keeps leaving clubs and then buggering off for years.

He would be intriguing at least. I dont like his choice of dresswear. I always like my managers to look smart and wear a suit. Bielsa is a bit of a meff.

lollollollollollol defo a bit of a meff.

I think he would be interesting, however his record doesn't look like he stays anywhere that long. Plays interesting football formations though, and he plays a style we would love of high pressing and non stop running.

but... i don't think he is the one for us.

Honestly, if Utd don't want Mourinho, and there is a lot of talk they don't, I think he would come here 100%.

He wants to stay in England, after Utd, we are a great project for him, he'll look at our squad and see the money Mosh is willing to spend and think that's a good gig for me.

Mourinho has always admired us, complemented us many times when he came to Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back