Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take? I doubt Bielsa would be one of the big names we have looked at as a replacement.
If anything, the link is probably a smokescreen for the bigger names we are chasing.

Honestly, if Utd don't want Mourinho, and there is a lot of talk they don't, I think he would come here 100%.

He wants to stay in England, after Utd, we are a great project for him, he'll look at our squad and see the money Mosh is willing to spend and think that's a good gig for me.

Mourinho has always admired us, complemented us many times when he came to Goodison.

I had a dream the other night he done a interview in the paper saying since the UTD job was off he only wanted to manage us in the premier league.

I know i have said its a pipe dream a few times... but if it'd happen it would be sensational.

Ideally I'd like Mourinho but I don't think that's possible. I think De Boer would be a good choice, he's won titles and cups at Ajax and was assistant manager when the Netherlands got to the world cup final a few years ago.

I reckon De Boer has been sounded out and is one of the four names alluded to by @The Esk. However In response to your worry about the formation Bielsa plays - just take a look at Spurs this year, they play a very similar formation and philosophy. Intense pressing and high tempo, 3-3-3-1 changing to a 4-2-3-1 when defending. It's worked for them this year.

Agree with you on Jose - can't see him being our next manager

I reckon De Boer has been sounded out and is one of the four names alluded to by @The Esk. However In response to your worry about the formation Bielsa plays - just take a look at Spurs this year, they play a very similar formation and philosophy. Intense pressing and high tempo, 3-3-3-1 changing to a 4-2-3-1 when defending. It's worked for them this year.

Agree with you on Jose - can't see him being our next manager

its well know that Pochettino credits Bielsa as his major influence in football management.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...th-marcelo-bielsa-s-perfect-mix-a6856351.html

Imagine, he could influence the likes of Ferguson and Unsworth and other junior coaches we have even if he only stays for a year or 2. Or he could lay the ground for a similar manager to come in afterwards, like a Sampaoli type. Would love to have Bielsa it would be ace.

He is clearly mental, and i like that to be honest. I have had enough of being too nice and would love our next manager to have a bit of snide or arrogance. My problem is, i couldn't see him lasting close to 2 years to influence someone like Ferguson...

A massive name in football as well, players would join just to play for him, similar to Koeman
You cannot underestimate his experience of both European and International football including success and how that adds to his experience.

Yes it was as a player and almost two decades ago but winning the likes of La Liga, Champions League and the UEFA Cup will improve a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back