Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about Mourinho this morning and we have some similarities with the first successul team he had at Chelsea.

We have money to spend (now)
We have a spine of talented players to build the team around - Stones, Barkley, Lukaku* (see Terry, Lampard, Drogba)
We have been starved of success
We have an ambitious owner (see Mosh statements here and as part of Red and White Holdings)

If the much muted Man Utd job didnt materialise then I think we'd be his dream ticket not just in the PL but anywhere in Europe. He knows he could come in supplement that spine and coach them, yes coach them into winners. In return he would be hero worshipped on the terraces and have the media dancing to his tune again but this time at a club with history, tradition and gravitas.

True if previous form is anything to go by he'd probably sod off after 3 seasons, but look what that gave Chelsea. They had a competitive team that continued to win trophies, titles, european trophies and the last of that squad is only now finally edging towards the door more than a decade later. Yes Roman paid for it but money doesn't build a winning mentality alone.

I didnt think we had a chance in hell before, but if we are actively sounding people out now then we could force Man Utd's hand. If they stall or panic over letting go of LVG we could hit the jackpot.

* before anyone waves the Jose doesnt like Rom stuff around this would be totally different. Rom is an established player now who can score for fun. Not a raw kid at Chelsea who thought he should play.

I also think the challenge of taking on the RS in their own back yard and topping them would be something that would appeal to Maureen...

The lastest odds are as follows; Moyes 2/1, Pelligrini 6/1, Mancini 8/1, Bielsa 10/1 and Mourinho 12/1. Mourinho's almost certainly off to Man U but even if that falls through his wage demands would be very high for Everton. Never the less the fact that he's come in a long way in the betting suggests to me that he's been sounded out by someone at the club.

The lastest odds are as follows; Moyes 2/1, Pelligrini 6/1, Mancini 8/1, Bielsa 10/1 and Mourinho 12/1. Mourinho's almost certainly off to Man U but even if that falls through his wage demands would be very high for Everton. Never the less the fact that he's come in a long way in the betting suggests to me that he's been sounded out by someone at the club.
I wouldn't read too much into it. It doesn't take much for the odds to go up and down.

Of those:

Moyes - No
Pellegrini - Yes as long as he doesn't sign that lazy lump Toure.
Mancini - Yes as long as he doesn't sign that muppet Balotelli.
Bielsa - On the fence but leaning towards No
Mourinho - Yes as long as he doesn't sign that utter cretin Terry.

No idea what our wage capabilities would be so difficult to say whether Mourinho is out of our range. Also Jose is an extermely wealthy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back