Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa had 43 points and were 2nd at this point in 1998-99, having been top at christmas with 36. They finished 6th.
Leicester have 48 and were top at christmas with 33.

If villa had got 5 more points in 1998-99, they would have finished 5th.
Really? My bad. Sky Sports must have lied to me then or it must have been a similar stat? Maybe it was no one has been top at this stage of the season and finished outside of the top 4?

Really? My bad. Sky Sports must have lied to me then or it must have been a similar stat? Maybe it was no one has been top at this stage of the season and finished outside of the top 4?

Yeah your christmas day stat is right but the other one isn't so it must be top.

Leicester had 36 points at christmas and the most anyone's had then and not finished top 4 is villa's 34 the year we finished 5th and played in the fa cup final.
Leicester have 47 points now and the most anyone's had now and not finished top 4 is villa's 48 the same year.

So leicester have 1 point less than the last team to drop out of the top 4 from that position. And the last team to not qualify for the cl was spurs who had 35 at christmas and 49 at this point so 2 points more than leicester (but they did finish 4th and only missed out cos chelsea won the cl).

The last team to be top at christmas and not finish top 4 was villa again in 1998-99 but they were 2nd at this point so I guess no team has been top at the end of january and not finished top 4.

I'd rather burn Goodison to the ground to preserve it's memory than have that useless bloated sack of Kopite excrement and his cavalcade of Country (and western) waddle in there as Manager.

PURE BIBLICAL END TIMES​
It'd cause a Kopite mass extinction, our Rafael.. but it's der bloo poop.. that one cell would be so over taxed they'd forget to breathe.

But the project is clearly not working and we aren't improving.

I'm guessing you didn't see much of the previous 3-4 years prior to RM arriving. Admittedly, results have been less than acceptable, but our play in general has been much better to watch. The squad everyone is saying is our best in 30 years is a squad that RM has built relatively quickly in football terms, and some of the key figures have very little experience in the toughest league in the World. Like it or not they need to learn, and most things are learnt through mistakes.
Anyway, it's only my opinion....you don't need to share it.

World Soccers List of 20 most in demand coaches:
Pep Guardiola
Jose Mourninho
Diego Simeone
Jorge Sampaoli
Frank De Boer
Marcelo Vielsa
Rafael Benitez
Brendan Rogers
Manuel Pelligrini
Lucien Favre
David Moyes
Jos Luhukay
Andre Villas-Boas
Cesare Prandelli
Rudi Garcia
Fabio Capello
Walter Mazzari
Michael Laudrup
Julen Lopetegui
Hubert Fournier

Other than the top 3 all the others would probably join. The PL is massively attractive.

How on earth can you take that seriously when Brendan is eight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back