Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a good reason why they're out of work. It's not because they're ripping leagues up.
be hard for one of them as he was the national manager until a week or so ago. Oh and his team are south American champs.
Other one has been a winner in different countries and national manager.
But other than that suppose you might have a point.

be hard for one of them as he was the national manager until a week or so ago. Oh and his team are south American champs.
Other one has been a winner in different countries and national manager.
But other than that suppose you might have a point.

OK, why are they both out of work when in this country alone such big-name draws as Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and possibly Arsenal all want new Managers? Why is one no longer the national team manager?

OK, why are they both out of work when in this country alone such big-name draws as Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and possibly Arsenal all want new Managers? Why is one no longer the national team manager?
Because he wanted to resigned and his fa were holding him to his contact so he couldn't move anywhere. Both have been linked in the press to the Chelsea job. Not that I was posting about any other job other than the Everton manager.
What's your reasons for not wanting them ?

Because he wanted to resigned and his fa were holding him to his contact so he couldn't move anywhere. Both have been linked in the press to the Chelsea job. Not that I was posting about any other job other than the Everton manager.
What's your reasons for not wanting them ?

1. I want Martinez to stay;
2. I don't know anything about their footballing philosophy;
3. They have zero experience in English football;
4. I'm sceptical about managers that most people eulogise about without really knowing the first thing about them;
5. Very few national managers revert successfully to Club football.

That's just off the top of my head. What's your reasons for wanting them?

I'm guessing you didn't see much of the previous 3-4 years prior to RM arriving. Admittedly, results have been less than acceptable, but our play in general has been much better to watch. The squad everyone is saying is our best in 30 years is a squad that RM has built relatively quickly in football terms, and some of the key figures have very little experience in the toughest league in the World. Like it or not they need to learn, and most things are learnt through mistakes.
Anyway, it's only my opinion....you don't need to share it.
It'd is a bit revisionist to give the impression the football under Moyes was crap. He just didn't go for it in the big matches, and was scared to spend/couldn't spend big on a top striker. The squad that bob has built is adding Del lukaku, McCarthy and Barry in 2.5 years.
In general our play is more pleasing on the eye but absolute heartbreak in the inEvertonbility of the draw/loss. Not being a prem manager or even a footballer, Id assume you would go back to basics in terms of if you don't conceed, you don't lose, as gung-ho has been suicidal all season

It'd is a bit revisionist to give the impression the football under Moyes was crap. He just didn't go for it in the big matches, and was scared to spend/couldn't spend big on a top striker. The squad that bob has built is adding Del lukaku, McCarthy and Barry in 2.5 years.
In general our play is more pleasing on the eye but absolute heartbreak in the inEvertonbility of the draw/loss. Not being a prem manager or even a footballer, Id assume you would go back to basics in terms of if you don't conceed, you don't lose, as gung-ho has been suicidal all season

What about every single away game when we went to hold out 0-0 till the last 5 minutes and then try to snatch it but invariably lose.
He also nurtured and trusted Stones and Barkley....the two who Moyes had at his disposal and didn't useor trust. And what about Besic....did he just grow on a tree at Finch Farm? And Aaron Lennon. And Tom Cleverley.
He also moved on people like Anichibie, Jelavic when he'd become a busted flush and Heitinga. For sure he's bought some less than top-notch players like Alcaraz ( whom he subsequently dumped) and McGeady.

1. I want Martinez to stay;
2. I don't know anything about their footballing philosophy;
3. They have zero experience in English football;
4. I'm sceptical about managers that most people eulogise about without really knowing the first thing about them;
5. Very few national managers revert successfully to Club football.

That's just off the top of my head. What's your reasons for wanting them?

Both Bielsa and Sampaoli have managed in club football successfully in south america.

Now european club football is a different kettle of fish but that's point 5 dealt with.

Bielsa favours working his team to death with high energy attacking football. He tends to have huge success at first but then after six months his team gets knackered, falls out with him and he leaves. He is never really succeeded in europe and is in no way a man for the long term and he's not imo what we need at this club.

Sampaoli won a continental title with a chilean club by beating much richer mexican/brazlilian clubs which proves he can fight against a financial gap, which has to be a key consideration at this club.

He then did well with chile, knocking spain out of the world cup and winning them the copa america for the first time. He also likes fast agressive hard working football with emphsais on coutner attack and pressing.

Counting against him is he left the chilean national team job because of huge corruption, fraud, bribery and tax dodging which he was 100% a part of so he is not a trustworthy person. And he has never managed in england nor even speaks english.

Both Bielsa and Sampaoli have managed in club football successfully in south america.

Now european club football is a different kettle of fish but that's point 5 dealt with.

Bielsa favours working his team to death with high energy attacking football. He tends to have huge success at first but then his team gets knackered, falls out with him and he leaves. He is in no way a man for the long term and he's not imo what we need at this club.

Sampaoli won a continental title with a chilean club by beating much richer mexican/brazlilian clubs which proves he can fight against a financial gap, which has to be a key consideration at this club.

He then did well with chile, knocking spain out of the world cup and winning them the copa america for the first time. He also likes fast agressive hard working football with emphsais on coutner attack and pressing.

Counting against him is he left the chilean national team job because of huge corruption, fraud, bribery and tax dodging which he was 100% a part of so he is not a trustworthy person. And he has never managed in england nor even speaks english.

So we're agreed then....neither is suitable for Everton ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back