Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I want Martinez to stay;
2. I don't know anything about their footballing philosophy;
3. They have zero experience in English football;
4. I'm sceptical about managers that most people eulogise about without really knowing the first thing about them;
5. Very few national managers revert successfully to Club football.

That's just off the top of my head. What's your reasons for wanting them?
Well if you , go back in the thread you will see a post that tells you how they play., night tempo , pressing and passing, I am not going through it again. Although other than high profile games world cup , cops games I havnt seen a lot of them but what I have seen I have liked.
Both have won at multi titles club level. Although I dout the leagues are all that.
One was in the last 3 of fifa world coach of the year last year, so hardly unknown. In football circles.
If you go on experience of English football it narrows the field a bit, three of the clubs you named have managers that hadn't any experience of are league before there current job. Man untArsenal, city?
The current spurs manager isn't doing bad with nothing like there record, but who really knows if it would come off, it a gamble whoever we get
And the thread is about hypothetical managers of Everton , I don't think he will sacked at the moment. If results improve fine if not he will have to go... , there isn't a job to fill at the moment anyway so its just internet chatter.

I would have reservations about both. But I haven't really liked any of managers since Royle left so that wouldn't be new. I have reservations over Martinez too.
I think we all have reservations about Roberto....but for me the good things outweigh the reservations

Well if you , go back in the thread you will see a post that tells you how they play., night tempo , pressing and passing, I am not going through it again. Although other than high profile games world cup , cops games I havnt seen a lot of them but what I have seen I have liked.
Both have won at multi titles club level. Although I dout the leagues are all that.
One was in the last 3 of fifa world coach of the year last year, so hardly unknown. In football circles.
If you go on experience of English football it narrows the field a bit, three of the clubs you named have managers that hadn't any experience of are league before there current job. Man until, Arsenal, city?
The current spurs manager isn't doing bad with nothing like there record, but who really knows if it would come off, it a gamble whoever we get
And the thread is about hypothetical managers of Everton , I don't think he will sacked at the moment. If results improve fine if not he will have to go... , there isn't a job to fill at the moment anyway so its just internet chatter.

I couldn't pick a manager off what I'd read on the interweb mate. LVG is likely to get the bullet anytime soon, and there's constantly Arsenal fans wanting Arsene out....and Pellegrini is dead man walking...and Pocchetino had a great spell at Southampton cutting his teeth.
As you say though, Roberto is our manager so it's all conjecture.

I couldn't pick a manager off what I'd read on the interweb mate. LVG is likely to get the bullet anytime soon, and there's constantly Arsenal fans wanting Arsene out....and Pellegrini is dead man walking...and Pocchetino had a great spell at Southampton cutting his teeth.
As you say though, Roberto is our manager so it's all conjecture.
I was just throwing names out there, seen there teams a few times and liked the footy on show, and think they would walk here to get are job.
I would bet if we did need a manager , he hasnt been named on here yet.
If we get new owners god knows what way they will think, want, might go for a big name or go for stability ?
We will not have a say in it that's for sure.

Temptation is always a foreign manager with no premier league experience who'll come in promising sexy football, but deliver the same thing that Martinez is doing.

As unpopular as the poll suggests it would be, I'd ideally like Mark Hughes. He's transformed Stoke. They have a clear Plan A and Plan B now - they're capable of playing decent football, and dogged football if it needs it. That's what I'd like from Everton. I'd like to see us play nice attractive football when possible, but know that we can go in and boss a team into submission. He knows the league and has experience managing big clubs with big expectations... and you just know that he despises the r/s!

Oh, and I'd not object to him giving Butland, Bojan, Shaqiri and Shawcross a lift in his car on the way to Goodison!!!

Temptation is always a foreign manager with no premier league experience who'll come in promising sexy football, but deliver the same thing that Martinez is doing.

Like Ranieri you mean.

The one thing I don't want is a pulis/hughes/bruce/allardyce/pardew journeyman premier league manager. These guys know how to finish 10th in the premier league, sure enough, but I don't want to finish 10th in the premeir league. I want to actually achieve something. Yes, there's less risk, you know what you'll get with a hughes or a pulis but what you'll get is exactly what we are complaining about martinez giving us, midtable with no trophies.

Like Ranieri you mean.

The one thing I don't want is a pulis/hughes/bruce/allardyce/pardew journeyman premier league manager. These guys know how to finish 10th in the premier league, sure enough, but I don't want to finish 10th in the premeir league. I want to actually achieve something. Yes, there's less risk, you know what you'll get with a hughes or a pulis but what you'll get is exactly what we are complaining about martinez giving us, midtable with no trophies.
Ranieri had 4 years premier league experience...

As unpopular as the poll suggests it would be, I'd ideally like Mark Hughes. He's transformed Stoke. They have a clear Plan A and Plan B now - they're capable of playing decent football, and dogged football if it needs it. That's what I'd like from Everton. I'd like to see us play nice attractive football when possible, but know that we can go in and boss a team into submission. He knows the league and has experience managing big clubs with big expectations... and you just know that he despises the r/s!

Oh, and I'd not object to him giving Butland, Bojan, Shaqiri and Shawcross a lift in his car on the way to Goodison!!!
but for all of that Stoke is still only in 9th, he has stoke playing well but he's not capable of getting a team into CL consistently. If we're going to replace Martinez we need to get someone who is a vastly obvious upgrade

but for all of that Stoke is still only in 9th, he has stoke playing well but he's not capable of getting a team into CL consistently. If we're going to replace Martinez we need to get someone who is a vastly obvious upgrade

For me Hughes would be someone who'd have us doing better than we currently are. That's upgrade enough for me.

Stoke might only be 9th but it's above where we are and that's not really good enough when you consider they've got Glenn Whelan in midfield.

I think we all have reservations about Roberto....but for me the good things outweigh the reservations

You can't place too much importance on winning football matches then... At the end of the day that's all I'm going to judge him by, if there's vast improvements between now and May I wouldn't mind him staying.

For me Hughes would be someone who'd have us doing better than we currently are. That's upgrade enough for me.

Stoke might only be 9th but it's above where we are and that's not really good enough when you consider they've got Glenn Whelan in midfield.
are we trying to make the CL or be the steady 7th we were under moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back