Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 years and we're still starting Osman.

And you're not telling me there isn't a more effective and arsed striker in the youth team than Kone

To be honest, I am absolutely devastated that Dowell wasn't given an opportunity. The lad has pushed on more then anyone, resting Barkley was perfect chance.

Yet mourinho would be stifling our youth apparently!

Martinez is great at bringing them through... Myth 500001 about martinez

If he does indeed become manager, we can revisit this thread in 4-5 years and I expect a lot of you will have changed your tunes when we're falling to pieces as our new manager tries to get all Jose's mercenaries off the wage bill while Ryan Ledson is tearing it up for another club

Sorry has Ryan played under Martinez???

10 years and we're still starting Osman.

And you're not telling me there isn't a more effective and arsed striker in the youth team than Kone

Hey, I'm not saying Martinez gets a free pass on this issue either

There is no one on this entire forum who could convince me that Conor McAlney would have played worse than Kone today if he'd been given the chance

But Martinez has at least given some young players a chance

He has a better record than Jose does anyway

Oh and Loftus-Cheek has been playing pretty consistently for Hiddink

If he does indeed become manager, we can revisit this thread in 4-5 years and I expect a lot of you will have changed your tunes when we're falling to pieces as our new manager tries to get all Jose's mercenaries off the wage bill while Ryan Ledson is tearing it up for another club

Or, Ryan Ledson doesn't make the grade at Everton, and by your logic, that will somehow be our fault. Even if he did make the grade, a continuation of the status quo you so clearly love will just see him sold, just like Mourinho did with Lukaku.

To be honest, I am absolutely devastated that Dowell wasn't given an opportunity. The lad has pushed on more then anyone, resting Barkley was perfect chance.

Yet mourinho would be stifling our youth apparently!

Martinez is great at bringing them through... Myth 500001 about martinez

Today was more muddled thinking.

Rest Barkley, fine, you think the league is done. So why bring him on? Dowell? Ou-my-God-where-is-the-receipt Naisse?

Clueless stuff

He was allowed to go on loan. Just like Barkley was, and it would be no surprise to see the two lads who come on today to go on loan as well. It will also be no surprise if they don't make the Everton grade, and they end up joining another club as a result. That's what happened to Lukaku. No big deal at all. It certainly didn't ruin his career did it?

How gracious of Mourinho to let a player he didn't rate play for another club

Could just destroy a generation of fans instead eh?

Young lad. Doesn't know whether to support Liverpool or Everton.

Klopp or Martinez
Trophies or none trophies

Does it work like that though ?

Don't want to sound argumentative.

My old man took me as a young lad from 82/83 onwards I had no idea who was winning what at the time I was 7ish and that was me a blue.
Seen plenty of kids swapping and changing local teams year in year out depending on who was winning.
For me it was my old mans team he'd took me the game I loved it and from there on that was my team through thick and thin.

Mikey, he didnt leave Chelsea in trouble the first time, they won the CL the season after he left.
He didnt leave Inter in trouble, he left while they were defending champions
He didnt leave Real in trouble, unless you consider Gareth Bale trouble
And he left Chelsea as defending champions, abar 2 defeats since he left isnt it

Your acting like he strips the whole club dry and leaves it a mess, he builds champions.

Honestly baffled Mikey, please explain and describe the mess hes left at clubs mate?

Or, Ryan Ledson doesn't make the grade at Everton, and by your logic, that will somehow be our fault. Even if he did make the grade, a continuation of the status quo you so clearly love will just see him sold, just like Mourinho did with Lukaku.

Oh if only someone wealthy had bought into the club allowing us to afford to hold onto our best young players............

Hey, I'm not saying Martinez gets a free pass on this issue either

There is no one on this entire forum who could convince me that Conor McAlney would have played worse than Kone today if he'd been given the chance

But Martinez has at least given some young players a chance

He has a better record than Jose does anyway

Oh and Loftus-Cheek has been playing pretty consistently for Hiddink

But who gave Loftus-Cheek his chance and break in the team?

Our new boss Jose.

Conor McAleney? Mate Sinead O'Connor could have done better than Kone today

There is no evidence that Mourinho ruins academies. He works for the here and now, which means lads who haven't started puberty yet may not get a game for a club chasing the Premier League, so they may have to go out on loan (Gasp!). It's not like Everton don't send their players out on loan is it?

How gracious of Mourinho to let a player he didn't rate play for another club

Chelsea. A club with a strategy of buying the best youth in Europe, however have all the money to buy who they want. They have 35 young players on loan. Some will make it some will rub their faces in it.

To compare our clubs strategy to what they have is utterly ridiculous

Does it work like that though ?

Don't want to sound argumentative.

My old man took me as a young lad from 82/83 onwards I had no idea who was winning what at the time I was 7ish and that was me a blue.
Seen plenty of kids swapping and changing local teams year in year out depending on who was winning.
For me it was my old mans team he'd took me the game I loved it and from there on that was my team through thick and thin.

Exactly

The next generation of Blues will be there regardless if we're winning, but I see it as our duty as supporters to do our utmost to ensure that the Everton that gets passed down to them is the best Everton it can possibly be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back