Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You act like there aren't elite managers out there who would win things for us while also developing the younger players

You act like a club like Everton is in a position to turn down a manager like Jose Mourinho, based on a premise that he has an aversion to youth. Your premise is false. If the young player is good enough then he wil play them, he was busting a gut to get a young John Stones etc. If they aren't yet good enough to play at the very top level (which is where Mourinho takes his teams) then they have to go out on loan.

It's no different at Everton right now, Barkley, Coleman, McCaleny had to go out on loan. Barkley and Coleman made the grade (midtable alsoran grade at the moment) so were promoted to the first team. McCaleny will have to go elsewhere because it doesn't look like he is good enough for Everton. Mourinho just operates on a level above the one in which Everton have been operating for the past 30 years.

Watch what happens this summer mate. We will lose Lukaku because we are failing to compete with the elite. You want to maintain the status quo, all because of some romantic obsession you have with sixth formers who are most likely going to go out on loan anyway, and who will be sold if they aren't good enough, and also sold if they happen to be top draw.
hey buster just checking but are you inferring mikey romances underage teenage boys??

article-1347554-0CC05A6D000005DC-88_468x286.jpg

Mourinho watching Kone in training.

Browning, Galloway and Garbutt alone are all young players who have performed admirably in the senior set up. They may not all be from our youth set up but they are young players that we've scouted and have continued to develop in our own system. Martinez has given them all a chance while also rescuing Ross Barkley (Who would have likely been culled if Moyes had still been running things) playing Stones far more and recruiting Besic despite him being young and unproven in English football

He gave two other young players a chance today

Martinez hasn't got a 100% record with the kids (Duffy and McAlney come to mind) but he's done more than he's had to

Really? Barkley was always going to break thru - Martinez can't be credited with that.

Garbutt - when did he get his chance, injuries, do we think he is going to be brought back to play?

Galloway, Martinez singing for money played football league games, it's not really a youth academy product.

Browning, given a chance then demoted.

Besic? An international footballer when we signed him.... Really?

Dowell better prospect then all of them bar Barkley. Didn't get a chance today.

Duffy was a yard dog, and mcaleny I'll eat my hat if he makes it here. It's a myth that Martinez develops youth, bet you moyes record was similar, if not better when he was here. Considering Martinez called it our golden generation, I don't see him giving them there chance.

You act like a club like Everton is in a position to turn down a manager like Jose Mourinho, based on a premise that he has an aversion to youth. Your premise is false. If the young player is good enough then he wil play them, he was busting a gut to get a young John Stones etc. If they aren't yet good enough to play at the very top level (which is where Mourinho takes his teams) then they have to go out on loan.

It's no different at Everton right now, Barkley, Coleman, McCaleny had to go out on loan. Barkley and Coleman made the grade (midtable alsoran grade at the moment) so were promoted to the first team. McCaleny will have to go elsewhere because it doesn't look like he is good enough for Everton. Mourinho just operates on a level above the one in which Everton have been operating for the past 30 years.

No it isn't

What are you talking about?

The core of Barca's most successful side ever all came from the youth squad at La Masia

Pep Guardiola was the manager of the B team before he got the main management gig

They had a complete overhaul of their philosophy and built exclusively with the youth set up as the jewel of their crown

Man United built a dynasty on the Class of 92 FFS!
Ok, tell me two players ready to step into the first team that wouldn't look out of place at la macia or in the United side of the early 90s? Then tell me the mercurial managerial genius we have got that can nurture them!?

@The Esk Very eloquent and sensible, You're wasted talking to them lot though. On to a loser trying to have a cordial conversation. They want ' banter'.

Thanks, it's not a total waste of time though because several hundred thousand people will have heard what ambitions the fans have for the club, and above all else the unsuitability of Martinez as manager of our great club. The audience is the listeners not the guys in the studio. ;)

What are you talking about?

The core of Barca's most successful side ever all came from the youth squad at La Masia

Pep Guardiola was the manager of the B team before he got the main management gig

They had a complete overhaul of their philosophy and built exclusively with the youth set up as the jewel of their crown

Man United built a dynasty on the Class of 92 FFS!

1992 mate.

How many years ago was that?

Can you name me 5 players since then that have come from uniteds youth team that nailed down a place?

End of the day, people hitting mourinho with the "youth" stick - and clamouring for Martinez because he believes in youth....

Apparently.

Can prob count on one hand the amount of youth players that have played more then 10 league games under him.

No it isn't

Yes it is.

Oh how bad it would be for us to win the league under Mourinho and then suffer the indignity of going back to being midtable alsorans. I'd much rather remain midtable also-rans forever, as we then might get to see a couple of sixth formers having a cameo due to the fact that half our squad is injured.

I've said it before. Some Evertonians don't want success, and want to maintain the status quo. They don't want to compete with the elite, as they believe being midtable also-rans is our identity.

Really? Barkley was always going to break thru - Martinez can't be credited with that.

Garbutt - when did he get his chance, injuries, do we think he is going to be brought back to play?

Galloway, Martinez singing for money played football league games, it's not really a youth academy product.

Browning, given a chance then demoted.

Besic? An international footballer when we signed him.... Really?

Dowell better prospect then all of them bar Barkley. Didn't get a chance today.

Duffy was a yard dog, and mcaleny I'll eat my hat if he makes it here. It's a myth that Martinez develops youth, bet you moyes record was similar, if not better when he was here. Considering Martinez called it our golden generation, I don't see him giving them there chance.

So much wrong in one post

Barkley would never have broken through if Moyes hadn't left. Moyes did not rate him, did not like him and was never going to give him his chance. End of

Browning got injured actually. Pretty serious one too, hence why he's not played in so long

Besic played in the Hungarian league. Tony Watt is also an international footballer, as is Shane Duffy who you just called a "yard dog". It was still a gamble to go for him, but Martinez took it and deserves credit for doing so

Dowell is good, that I agree with, though I think Ledson will ultimately be better

End of the day, people hitting mourinho with the "youth" stick - and clamouring for Martinez because he believes in youth....

Apparently.

Can prob count on one hand the amount of youth players that have played more then 10 league games under him.

Quite harsh on Mikey, hes not saying Martinez is the yooth yoda, but he seems to think somebody will take over the club and build the team around the lads in FF, its a noble mission, sadly unless we wanna play in League One we are gonna have to buy actual football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back