Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea. A club with a strategy of buying the best youth in Europe, however have all the money to buy who they want. They have 35 young players on loan. Some will make it some will rub their faces in it.

To compare our clubs strategy to what they have is utterly ridiculous

At what point did I compare it?

In fact, I made a point that were weren't like them, and this is why Jose's approach could be dangerous to a club like ours

Exactly

The next generation of Blues will be there regardless if we're winning, but I see it as our duty as supporters to do our utmost to ensure that the Everton that gets passed down to them is the best Everton it can possibly be
Mate, trust me, Everton is a tough sell right now for the young uns.

Breaks my heart, but it's true.

Oh if only someone wealthy had bought into the club allowing us to afford to hold onto our best young players............

Watch what happens this summer mate. We will lose Lukaku because we are failing to compete with the elite. You want to maintain the status quo, all because of some romantic obsession you have with sixth formers who are most likely going to go out on loan anyway, and who will be sold if they aren't good enough, and also sold if they happen to be top draw.

Mikeys talking about yooth while our new manager is gonna be doing this at Anfield after the 6th goes in.

4_10.gif

At what point did I compare it?

In fact, I made a point that were weren't like them, and this is why Jose's approach could be dangerous to a club like ours

Your comparing Jose to having these young players and not playing them.

Why has Martinez out performed him in them stakes? Nothing in my opinion. Besides the dead rubber in Europe, what youth has Martinez bright through? Struggling to think of any.

You have no idea what Mourinhos approach would be at a club like us, a club that doesn't have all the money in the world and might buy the best youth and play them.

To judge a man that's been given as much money that's required by the clubs strategy and expect his outlook to be the same at our club is ridiculous.

We have no idea what he'd do, I'd like to find out.

We can't be doing worse then we are, I'd take a bet on that. We haven't got a sterling record of bring youth thru now!

Watch what happens this summer mate. We will lose Lukaku because we are failing to compete with the elite. You want to maintain the status quo, all because of some romantic obsession you have with sixth formers who are most likely going to go out on loan anyway, and who will be sold if they aren't good enough, and also sold if they happen to be top draw.

You act like there aren't elite managers out there who would win things for us while also developing the younger players

You act like there aren't elite managers out there who would win things for us while also developing the younger players

Do you know Barca Mikey?

Richest Club in the world, how many youth players do they play every week Mikey mate?

Ive been saying the same thing for years to you Mikey, our youth players ARENT as good as you think.

The English, as a footballing nation produces abar 2 good players a year.

Do you know Barca Mikey?

Richest Club in the world, how many youth players do they play every week Mikey mate?

Ive been saying the same thing for years to you Mikey, our youth players ARENT as good as you think.

England as a nation hasn't produced more than 5 players in the last decade who could get in the barca side.

Your comparing Jose to having these young players and not playing them.

Why has Martinez out performed him in them stakes? Nothing in my opinion. Besides the dead rubber in Europe, what youth has Martinez bright through? Struggling to think of any.

You have no idea what Mourinhos approach would be at a club like us, a club that doesn't have all the money in the world and might buy the best youth and play them.

To judge a man that's been given as much money that's required by the clubs strategy and expect his outlook to be the same at our club is ridiculous.

We have no idea what he'd do, I'd like to find out.

We can't be doing worse then we are, I'd take a bet on that. We haven't got a sterling record of bring youth thru now!

Browning, Galloway and Garbutt alone are all young players who have performed admirably in the senior set up. They may not all be from our youth set up but they are young players that we've scouted and have continued to develop in our own system. Martinez has given them all a chance while also rescuing Ross Barkley (Who would have likely been culled if Moyes had still been running things) playing Stones far more and recruiting Besic despite him being young and unproven in English football

He gave two other young players a chance today

Martinez hasn't got a 100% record with the kids (Duffy and McAlney come to mind) but he's done more than he's had to

Managerial
In ten seasons of club management, Mourinho has led his club to win its domestic league eight times, the UEFA Champions League twice and the UEFA Cup once. Between 2003 and 2012, Mourinho did not go a single calendar year without winning at least one trophy.

Porto
Chelsea
Inter Milan
Real Madrid
Individual

Yeah poo isnt he. Definitely not good enough for us.

Here's Martinez's, BTW:

Do you know Barca Mikey?

What are you talking about?

The core of Barca's most successful side ever all came from the youth squad at La Masia

Pep Guardiola was the manager of the B team before he got the main management gig

They had a complete overhaul of their philosophy and built exclusively with the youth set up as the jewel of their crown

Man United built a dynasty on the Class of 92 FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back