Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going out of your way to sign unproven young players and then putting them in the senior set up counts as giving "yoooth a chance"

Not for this discussion Mikey.

This is about getting the best from FF.

And Jose destroying this conveyor belt of world class talent you think they club has got.

Im just pointing out that Historically, our youth players whilst decent players at certain levels, arent really good enough for an Everton that finishes 12th.

If the lads are good enough, they will make the grade.

Whos to say Martinez would have bought Galloway if he had money to spend?

We ain't getting a high level manager no matter what people think in here, Pellegrini will probs end up at Valencia, Mourinho will be off to Utd and not even sure why Simeone and Tuchel are being mentioned, about as much chance of that happening as us winning back to back games at Goodison any time soon.

De Boer fits the bill for what we are after and would jump at the chance to come to England. He comes with a big reputation in football from his playing days, hes a proven winner in Holland despite regularly having to turn over players and re build with youngsters brought through or bought in by him and his scouting team (Milik, Bazoer, El Ghazi, Sinkgraven, Younes etc...)

Other than that you would have to look at other possible european level managers in not so great nations with a winning record or try and lure someone from Spain although a continental manager with limited English knowledge would be highly doubtful for us. Then on the british side there isn't many options about that would take us back up a level and push on from where Moyes had us. Moyes again is a no, Howe is too much of a risk, Dyche, Rowett and a few other championship managers are likely mid level prem at best so have to go within our limit and De Boer fits that perfectly.

Joachim Low would be a no from me, he was gifted a golden era of German football and hasn't won anything with them and his management at club level has never been spectacular to suggest he would fit back into it without any issues.

We ain't getting a high level manager no matter what people think in here, Pellegrini will probs end up at Valencia, Mourinho will be off to Utd and not even sure why Simeone and Tuchel are being mentioned about as much chance of that happening as us winning back to back games at Goodison any time soon.

De Boer fits the bill for what we are after and would jump at the chance to come to England. He comes with a big reputation in football from his playing days, hes a proven winner in Holland despite regularly having to turn over players and re build with youngsters brought through or bought in by him and his scouting team (Milik, Bazoer, El Ghazi, Sinkgraven, Younes etc...)

Other than that you would have to look at other possible european level managers in not so great nations with a winning record or try and lure someone from Spain although a continental manager with limited English knowledge would be highly doubtful for us. Then on the british side there isn't many options about that would take us back up a level and push on from where Moyes had us. Moyes again is a no, Howe is too much of a risk, Dyche, Rowett and a few other championship managers are likely mid level prem at best so have to go within our limit and De Boer fits that perfectly.

Joachim Low would be a no from me, he was gifted a golden era of German football and hasn't won anything with them and his management at club level has never been spectacular to suggest he would fit back into it without any issues.
Funny man...

You seem to have the impression that I'm against the loan system

I'm not

I'm all for sending a player out on loan so he can get some games, impress and then get a place in the first team when returns

I'm against using the loan system to send players you have no intention of ever playing out to rot while you play the players you actually want to play while ignoring everything the younger player does while he's loaned

I'll leave it up to you to work out which approach Jose Mourinho favours

You're chatting bubbles though mate. Mourinho favours the approach that wins trophies. You are claiming that it comes at an expense not worth paying, in which youth players get 'sent out to rot'. This isn't the case. I'm telling you that the approach employed by Mourinho is not that much different from what happens at Everton. It just takes place at a higher level, a level I believe you have an aversion to.

Ledson is out on loan right now, is he being left to rot? If he doesn't make the grade then he won't play for Everton, end of. And the saddest thing of all, is if he does become a top draw player, then the status quo that you wish to maintain will see him move to a club like Chelsea anyway.

You're chatting bubbles though mate. Mourinho favours the approach that wins trophies. You are claiming that it comes at an expense not worth paying, in which youth players get 'sent out to rot'. This isn't the case. I'm telling you that the approach employed by Mourinho is not that much different from what happens at Everton. It just takes place at a higher level, a level I believe you have an aversion to.

Ledson is out on loan right now, is he being left to rot? If he doesn't make the grade then he won't play for Everton, end of. And the saddest thing of all, is if he does become a top draw player, then the status quo which you wish to maintain, will see him move to a club like Chelsea anyway.

So Lukaku goes on loan at Everton, a Premier League club, and has a great season, after previously having a great season at West Brom, but Jose still doesn't give him a chance despite this?

He must have really paid attention to those loan spells

I can completely understand why people would have reservations about Mourinho and I share some of those reservations.

That said, if the opportunity arose I feel we would just have to take it. The guy has proven himself as one of the best managers in the world and it would be HUGE if he came to Everton.

Still can't see it happening though lol

So Lukaku goes on loan at Everton, a Premier League club, and has a great season, after previously having a great season at West Brom, but Jose still doesn't give him a chance despite this?

He must have really paid attention to those loan spells

He didnt care mate, he just spunked a sh1t load on a player that scored more goals than him.

Jose, Be Champion.

Going out of your way to sign unproven young players and then putting them in the senior set up counts as giving "yoooth a chance"

Which is what Mournho wanted to do with John Stones, because he felt he was good enough to compete at the top level, not because he likes looking at young boys.

We haven't won anything for 21 years, there's a small rumour about one of the best managers on the planet and some blues still drag out negatives.

Despite all the trophies we'd win what about the youth side, Jesus wept!

Ginger matrix might be onto something

image.webp

Paul Jewell in? Her back door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back