Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Lukaku goes on loan at Everton, a Premier League club, and has a great season, after previously having a great season at West Brom, but Jose still doesn't give him a chance despite this?

He must have really paid attention to those loan spells

He decided to sell him for 28 million pound instead. Oh the horror.

Lukaku's career hasn't been harmed at all either. He did need to go out on loan and perform at a lower level for a bit. It has benefited his career, not hindered it.

It's called reality mate. Everton have been operating at a lower level to Chelsea for at least 15 years. You might not be able to see it, which might be why you want to maintain the status quo.
I like this post..

In fact.. I, L L L Like it.

It's called reality mate. Everton have been operating at a lower level to Chelsea for at least 15 years. You might not be able to see it, which might be why you want to maintain the status quo.

No mate, I just think Everton are a great club who have been held back by lack of finances

Now that we have new investment, I feel we can afford to actually develop great players and hold onto them and feel that it's a better way of insuring the future success of our great club

I happen to think that Jose Mourinho should feel privileged if he were lucky enough to be manager of Everton, rather than Everton feel privileged to be managed by Jose Mourinho

But then again, I respect and appreciate the club I support

I thought posting this after reading some comments on Mourinho and him not giving younger players a chance. This was in an interview he had explaining how he sees younger/inexperienced players. I actually think he has a very valid point and in a way can see where we might be going wrong experience wise in a way. I am quoting the part where he talks more about the youth players and his way at looking at it.

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb...age_criticism_ahead_of_fulham_clash_1_2775589

The attacking threat has been passed to a younger generation with the likes of Oscar, Marco Van Ginkel, Eden Hazard and Willian – all relatively inexperienced. And because of that lack of know-how in the advanced positions, Mourinho feels that his side are inexperienced.

“It is one thing to have an experienced team in terms of ‘media’ age,” he said.

“It’s another thing is when you look at where are the young players on the pitch? “You have one right back - fine, left back fine. You have one guy in one area on the pitch - fine.

“When you have three or four where you have build and have to create. That’s a very inexperienced kid.

“If I bring a kid from the academy 18-year-old and play right back and have John Terry, Gary Cahill and Ashley Cole and in front Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel. The kid is an oasis in the desert of experience. No problem.

“The problem is where you have the make the decisions, where you have to decide the pace of the game.

“When to decide when to press and when to stay, when you have to decide to play vertical or horizontal.

“When you have them all in the same area – all the people that need to understand the game better – it’s a problem but we know it. I enjoy the problem.”

1992 mate.

How many years ago was that?

Can you name me 5 players since then that have come from uniteds youth team that nailed down a place?

To be honest the United youth team coach should have got a knighthood, not Fergie. He merely took someone else's work for his own.

Some of you are dismissing the Mourinho shouts.

Porto[197]

Chelsea[197]
Inter Milan[197]
Real Madrid[197]
Individual

We want a manager who is a proven winner.I wouldn't dismiss the above stats easily.

Mate Mikey is good people, by all means say your piece, but treat him kindly, he deserves only love.

No mate, I just think Everton are a great club who have been held back by lack of finances

Now that we have new investment, I feel we can afford to actually develop great players and hold onto them and feel that it's a better way of insuring the future success of our great club

I happen to think that Jose Mourinho should feel privileged if he were lucky enough to be manager of Everton, rather than Everton feel privileged to be managed by Jose Mourinho

But then again, I respect and appreciate the club I support

I don't think we will achieve success if we treat games as if they were training episodes in which you pick an inferior starting line-up in the name of developing players. That's what the loan system is for, and it's something which has been well utilised by up and coming Everton youngsters over the years. Some become good enough for the first team, most don't.

Tony Hibbert is a good example in this discussion. He never actually went on loan because he was good enough to play for Everton at the time. If we had been a decent team challenging for trophies at that time, then he would have had to go out on loan, and he probably would never have even been an Everton player. That's what comes with being a successful side, and I have absolutely no aversion to accepting that.

I don't think we will achieve success if we treat games as if they were training episodes in which you pick an inferior starting line-up in the name of developing players. That's what the loan system is for, and it's something which has been well utilised by up and coming Everton youngsters over the years. Some become good enough for the first team, most don't.

Tony Hibbert is a good example in this discussion. He never actually went on loan because he was good enough to play for Everton at the time. If we had been a decent team challenging for trophies at that time, then he would have had to go out on loan, and he probably would never have even been an Everton player. That's what comes with being a successful side, and I have absolutely no aversion to accepting that.

I've never actually said that mate, but do go ahead and attribute things to me if it'll help you make a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back