Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Hey Bill, what's up ?"

"Well José, we'd like you to come and manage Everton."

"That's very nice Bill, but if you don't mind my asking, how are you going to pay my wages ?"

"Er ... well, the thing is, we're going to sell Lukaku."

.....I don't like the 'big club' terminology, the view that the big fish eat the smaller fish is certainly true but it can be a tasteless distraction when we talk about a search for a new manager. For example, we might have a view that we are bigger than Soton but their fans will highlight that they have a better side than us.

We should have aspirations of attracting who we want not argue about going for Managers at so called smaller clubs. The Premier League is a big attraction, Everton is a big attraction. If we want Koeman he should be sounded out, if we want Mourinho he should be sounded out. There are a lot more managers out there who want to join us than don't.

Sorry @Mikey_Fitzgerald, I'm with @Allezfan here, I so want Jose. I appreciate your point about youth teams but we actually have a good youth set up with Kevin Sheedy, David Unsworth et al, so who's to say that he won't use them? Maybe Moshiri and Kenwright will make it clear that they would prefer him to utilise them when possible - this is conjecture obviously. I know he's not got the best youth track record but there's a first for everything.

Sometimes you need someone who both has clue and has a nasty streak - the current incumbent currently has either, sadly. And what a statement of intent it would be! We'd stand a chance of keeping Stones and possibly (possibly!) Lukaku too, and adding to them.

We need someone who can attract great players now we're no longer bargain basement shopping. He can.

He's miles ahead of all the other poll choices here. Oh and err, [read in Columbo's voice], just one more thing....

He hates Liverpool FC too.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back