Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe at the mo looks like another version of Martinez. Yes he's done a good job with a lot of injuries but his team are second only to villa for general rubishness in the second half of the season. He needs another season there before he can be considered for the Everton job

He's deffo not my 1st choice but if he came I'd be far more willing to get behind him than someone like Hughes or Moyes. I don't get the shouts that Howe is average. He's taken Bournemouth from League 2 to the PL in a short time and he's not even 40 yet. Average managers don't do that. As someone else posted, he laid some foundations at Burnley despite not doing overly well there, bringing the likes of Ings and Austin to the club etc. On the continent managers who do good jobs at so-called smaller clubs often get given cracks at bigger jobs quite quickly. It's only here in England that they don't. Pochettino is the only recent one I can think of. I think Howe has a lot of potential but personally I'd like to see him establish himself in the PL a couple more years before we consider him.

This is my concern about Pellegrini, very similar in style to Martinez. Basically City's defensive solidity hinges on whether Company plays or not and that's it.

I think he's contracted to Germany till 2018 World Cup?
I agree with all that apart from the Howe average bit. Lambert took Norwich up 2 leagues and look what happened to him. He needs at least one more season or its all very Owen Coyle

I agree with all that apart from the Howe average bit. Lambert took Norwich up 2 leagues and look what happened to him. He needs at least one more season or its all very Owen Coyle

Yeah true. Although personally I haven't ruled Lambert out of being decent yet. Villa was a tough gig. But yeah 1 season for Howe is probably not enough to judge him on.

Morinho has dropped from 10-1 to 8-1 to now 7-1 in the last hour with sky bet. I'm putting 10p incase we pull it off.....winning.

not sure whether i should risk my last 9p on a cheeky morinho bet...

decisions decisions

decided to put it on everton 1 bournmouth 3 @ 20-1

i just don't think pellegrini would be the man. He seems just like a upgraded martinez, attack minded but nothing special defensively which is what we are struggling with to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back