Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ I cannot but laugh at you guys who "dont rate" Löw (no offence like). "Not proven in club level" and other mambo jambo. ...
Amazing.
But he really isn't proven at club level Finners, for all his international pedigree, he'd be a massive risk because of this.

Jesus Christ I cannot but laugh at you guys who "dont rate" Löw (no offence like). "Not proven in club level" and other mambo jambo. ...
Amazing.

Perhaps you should just simply google him and look him up on wiki. Read up Klinsmann as well and his time at Bayern. How many successful international managers are good at the club level or the reverse?

Sure, we could let Low play with a $200m kitty right out of Moshiri's pockets since that's not your money, but what will Everton do when Low fails and Moshiri cut his losses? Go kaboom like Leeds or the many failed clubs who overspent?

But he really isn't proven at club level Finners, for all his international pedigree, he'd be a massive risk because of this.

I think there's a completely different skill set required of club and national team managers. For me, you don't need to be a top tactician as a national team manager because there's no time to drill them into your team. You only have your players for a week or so at a time unless there's a major tournament. And of course you don't have a transfer market. All you can do is try and sway dual nationals.

I would be wary of hiring any national team manager, no matter how successful they were.

Low would be risky there's no doubt about that, but it would still be an exciting risk. He's a big name in the world of football and would be a statement of intent.

Safer options around of course, but I'd prefer to take a risk on a Low or De Boer than go with a safe pair of hands like Mark Hughes.

I still think AVB is an interesting option although I know plenty on here disagree.

He isnt Im not denying that.

But Löw has dominated international games last ten years.
He is known all over and he would lift our clubs stature through the roof.

Dont worry though this wont be happening. If that miracle would somehow happend, though. ..it would be my dream move. Theres no other manager in the world I would rather have.

It is interesting that this rumour has surfaced. ..his possible club job could very well be some team that isnt top team in europe cause he no doubt has a bit learning to do there. It would have to be good fit for him. Long and patient project. Think he will start his club career in germany.

He isnt Im not denying that.

But Löw has dominated international games last ten years.
He is known all over and he would lift our clubs stature through the roof.

Dont worry though this wont be happening. If that miracle would somehow happend, though. ..it would be my dream move. Theres no other manager in the world I would rather have.

It is interesting that this rumour has surfaced. ..his possible club job could very well be some team that isnt top team in europe cause he no doubt has a bit learning to do there. It would have to be good fit for him. Long and patient project. Think he will start his club career in germany.

The rumor is a UCL team or a project with tons of cash. We partially fit the second part. Or it could be someone who typo'd his bet by 3 0's. With the fame he has now, I doubt he will take a slow long term project like ours. I wouldn't mind him being manager if he comes, I just don't like the idea that he might come and Moshiri bankrolling $200m (which is 10x what we usually do for the entire season) to make us a quick success. Also, if we do that and get into UCL, we'll probably be hit by FFP.

The rumor is a UCL team or a project with tons of cash. We partially fit the second part. Or it could be someone who typo'd his bet by 3 0's. With the fame he has now, I doubt he will take a slow long term project like ours. I wouldn't mind him being manager if he comes, I just don't like the idea that he might come and Moshiri bankrolling $200m (which is 10x what we usually do for the entire season) to make us a quick success. Also, if we do that and get into UCL, we'll probably be hit by FFP.
Wouldnt stress my head with that story pal.

I would absolutely love it..

LOL Mosh is worth $2B, not quite enough to play that game. Unless Usmanov comes in as well.
Doesn't have to be Usmanov, I'm sure he knows other very wealthy businessman that could possibly join him in the future.

It's his money, perhaps he wants to live the dream? We don't know at this stage and it's a wait and see job isn't it.

But some of the figures that are currently being bandied about is something to embrace and be excited about, not concerned about!

Off a proven itk on another forum:

"This summer is going to be a good one. I have been told that Moshiri is looking to make a statement in terms of managers and also players.

He is looking for a Mourinho style name for a new manager, someone of that ilk. I have also been told that he is going to spend mega money. The kind that we laughed at when it was in the press.

He is also looking to bring onboard some of his associates from the business world. One of them that I have heard about is a major major businessman who is now free to join the club.

Martinez is gone. Not been told if straight away or in the summer, but the likes of Low are the kinds of manager we are aiming for"

Mirror saying that pellegrini rejected offers abroad and is waiting for an offer in the premiership. He is ours if we want him.

"This summer is going to be a good one. I have been told that Moshiri is looking to make a statement in terms of managers and also players.

He is looking for a Mourinho style name for a new manager, someone of that ilk. I have also been told that he is going to spend mega money. The kind that we laughed at when it was in the press.

He is also looking to bring onboard some of his associates from the business world. One of them that I have heard about is a major major businessman who is now free to join the club.

Martinez is gone. Not been told if straight away or in the summer, but the likes of Low are the kinds of manager we are aiming for"
Think this was posted before boris, what forum and what was the name of the poster?

Dont know much about low but he looks scary and he will have a great knowledge of German players and Germany have looked good with him in charge.

But some of the figures that are currently being bandied about is something to embrace and be excited about, not concerned about!

You can't turn the analyst brain off even if you want it to. Plus FFP.

I agree (and excited) it will be much bigger, but hopefully also sustainable.

Mirror saying that pellegrini rejected offers abroad and is waiting for an offer in the premiership. He is ours if we want him.

Yes, that's what I understand as well. Pellegrini has always been the low hanging fruit for us.

Yes, the sooner the better

Dont know much about low but he looks scary and he will have a great knowledge of German players and Germany have looked good with him in charge.

Plus he eats his own bogey and smells his own armpit on live tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back