Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror saying that pellegrini rejected offers abroad and is waiting for an offer in the premiership. He is ours if we want him.
We currently have a ban on referencing The Mirror due to some legal stuff. Also they've never actually been on our "credible sources" list lol

My thoughts on Pellegrini have been posted here numerous times.

Just on Joachim Löw though, I feel it silly to not want the current World Cup holding manager, however, I feel that Pellegrini would be more suitable to us because he has current PL experience. International football can be a different animal.

I'm certainly not questioning JL's qualities, in fact in his career he's won a couple of Austrian and German titles, and a couple of domestic cups, with a ECWC final loss thrown in alongside the World Cup win.

I just think we'd possibly benefit more from a man with current PL experience. Right tool for the job and all that.

You can't turn the analyst brain off even if you want it to. Plus FFP.

I agree (and excited) it will be much bigger, but hopefully also sustainable.

Yes, that's what I understand as well. Pellegrini has always been the low hanging fruit for us.

Yes, the sooner the better

Plus he eats his own bogey and smells his own armpit on live tv

The only concern is that city fans can't wait to see the back of him and say his football is dull and his signings have been bad at city.

The only concern is that city fans can't wait to see the back of him and say his football is dull and his signings have been bad at city.

That's true jags, I know a lot of city fans and staff, and not 1 of them have a bad word to say about him.

I have posted this before and I do find it quite surprising because as we have seen in this thread, an argument can be made to say they've underacheived even if I don't agree with it but they do all seem to genuinely love him.

LOL Kevin De Bruyne bad? My take is that when you're playing with large transfers, it has a high tendency to fail. Fishing in the smaller market is low risk high return usually.

If we have the money to throw, I rather throw it at Simeone or Pochettino, however much I know it will be impossible, then work down from there. Pellegrini is definitely not my first choice even without Simeone/Pochettino. I hope when Pellegrini does come to us, he can use his mix of knowledge at Villareal, Malaga, Real and City to guide us and not depend on just our new found financial might.

Yes, I feel really sorry for them - must be so boring not winning 6-0 every week.

They seems to say the same stuff as our fans

Exposed fullbacks
No midfield
Slow football
Doesnt have a plan b
Poor signings
Favours players even in bad form

Seems I have talked myself out of wanting pellegrini now would perfer Koeman.

What about Mancini?

LOL Kevin De Bruyne bad? My take is that when you're playing with large transfers, it has a high tendency to fail. Fishing in the smaller market is low risk high return usually.

If we have the money to throw, I rather throw it at Simeone or Pochettino, however much I know it will be impossible, then work down from there. Pellegrini is definitely not my first choice even without Simeone/Pochettino. I hope when Pellegrini does come to us, he can use his mix of knowledge at Villareal, Malaga, Real and City to guide us and not depend on just our new found financial might.

It's signings like
Navas
Negredo
Demichelis
Mangala
Sterling for 50 million
Willy

His signins are better at other clubs tbf

I'd also add that in certain instances inflated prices make signjngs look worst than they are but the manager doesn't agree the fees at city and for any player city sign, the fee is virtually double what most other clubs would be expected to pay due to there wealth.

For example I'd say Otamendi is no where near as bad as gets made out and has been good for them. Due to his fee he's deemed a failure, but if we'd signed him he'd have only cost half what he did and we'd all be calling him an excellent buy.

It's signings like
Navas
Negredo
Demichelis
Mangala
Sterling for 50 million
Willy

His signins are better at other clubs tbf

Well, I would say that is because it is City. If he comes, I hope he conjure more of his Malaga, Villareal magic, but who are we kidding, we're rich now LOL

At the end of the day we need a name which will help us sign players.

And a guy who can negotiate the price down, so 2 man job there

I really hate for us to become the club that spends 50m on a player and find that he sucked, those are the clubs I always laugh at

And a guy who can negotiate the price down, so 2 man job there

I really hate for us to become the club that spends 50m on a player and find that he sucked, those are the clubs I always laugh at

We still not rich enough for that. We need a manager with a good eye which is why I want Koeman

We still not rich enough for that. We need a manager with a good eye which is why I want Koeman

Aside from my dream picks, I'm more keen on De Boer, bring his whole Ajax coaching and playing team here.
Cheap too when you also have a good academy.

I like Koeman too, but I tend to leave easier pickings for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back