Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelligrini budget = 1st. Likely 4th place
Martinez budget = 9th. Likely 11th place

Pelegrini makes no sense at all.

He's a potential Avram Grant in that he won a title because his rich team were up for it, then the season after they couldn't be bothered and the manager didn't have the energy to inspire them, so he ends up at a smaller club (soz abar that) and does very little.

Tho' it could go well, a couple of decent stable seasons then he leaves the reigns to an Unsworth, Dunc or Sheedy. Nicely romantic that idea.

Won the league
Couple of league cups
CL semi finalists
Done a decent job with Villareal and Malaga
Record points total with Madrid before being binned
Comes across as a genuine man, calm and collected

Yep, doesnt make no sense at all Zat looking for a manager like that lol

The more Pellegrini speaks about his future the more i think its as good as a done deal to come to us. Hes rejecting other jobs to stay in England. If he doesn't come, Low with moshiris money wouldnt be bad at all :)

The more Pellegrini speaks about his future the more i think its as good as a done deal to come to us. Hes rejecting other jobs to stay in England. If he doesn't come, Low with moshiris money wouldnt be bad at all :)

What evidence is there of Loew spending that money wisely?

I'm against Loew due to the fact he's had mostly international experience, I don't want another gamble.

Pellegrini budget = 1st (achieved very quickly), budget now = Champions Lge (way ahead of schedule with this one & may possibly even win it this year).

In theory Low should be excellent if he brought his own staff with him.

If you think about the results his team gets with the prep time he gets to work with him it's pretty decent.

Ok fair enough, under achieved massively in the league this year. But they were 3 points off Leicester when the pep announcement was made. Remember Ferguson announcing his retirement the first time, it under settled the club and the team because he did it mid season.
As for pelligrini did more than enough at Villarreal and Malaga to suggest he could do a good job here.

I like Low. I worked with the Germany squad for a couple of weeks before they won the world cup, doing there press conferences and setting up their playstations. They ate a huge amount of pumpkin seeds.

Nice one! You're partly-responsible for us winning the World Cup :cheers:

I was a bit worried all the promo and press stuff the German players had to keep doing would be a distraction, but clearly it wasn't all that bad.

In theory Low should be excellent if he brought his own staff with him.

If you think about the results his team gets with the prep time he gets to work with him it's pretty decent.

We'd see some serious youth work too, quality conveyor-belt stuff. And he won't be telling Ross it's ok to make mistakes, he'd be schooling him in what he should be doing so that he makes less of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back