Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would still have Emery first choice, but he hasnt been linked to the job at all from any source and I think at this stage either De Boer or Pellegrini are the most probable to get the job.

There will be a risk with whoever we appoint, that is a given. I would much prefer Pellegrini over De Boer due to his CV/experience, I share the nagging doubts that some have, not at all due to his age, but whether he will have sufficient fire in the belly to rouse and motivate players. We badly need someone who can get players on side whilst at the same time demanding effort, intensity, fitness, and discipline.

Pellegrini may adapt better in an environment where he manages an underdog and has a far greater degree of control over transfers than would have been the case at Real or City. He does seem a more 'academic' style of manager but he would have us organised and would also bring a much more extensive scouting prowess for players which would serve us well.

Would still have Emery first choice, but he hasnt been linked to the job at all from any source and I think at this stage either De Boer or Pellegrini are the most probable to get the job.

There will be a risk with whoever we appoint, that is a given. I would much prefer Pellegrini over De Boer due to his CV/experience, I share the nagging doubts that some have, not at all due to his age, but whether he will have sufficient fire in the belly to rouse and motivate players. We badly need someone who can get players on side whilst at the same time demanding effort, intensity, fitness, and discipline.

Pellegrini may adapt better in an environment where he manages an underdog and has a far greater degree of control over transfers than would have been the case at Real or City. He does seem a more academic'

I honestly think the negatives against pelligrini are that we have seen him up close for 3 years in the league mate, so we know he has flaws as well as strengths, if he was coming straight from spain with the cv he had then we'd be bouncing about him.

Very few managers have managed teams like Real, City, Malaga and Villareal and achieved qualification to the CL for all of them and then progressed with all 4 in the actual competition as well, all without their league form plummeting the following season as well - which for the lesser two spanish teams is some feat managing to maintain them as strong in both comps.

Same way Emery etc seem more exotic and we have higher hopes purely because we don't see them as often so only catch snippets in europe or the odd la liga game etc.

For me Pelligrini would be every bit as huge an upgrade for us as the rs going from Rodgers to Klopp was for them

I agree with all that, I watch a lot of football such is the nerd I am and Emery will manage Real or Barca eventually, he is probably one club off that currently and would love that to be us.
Pellegrini is on a different planet to the most of the candidates mooted for the job and, putting aside the ingrained anxiety I feel about all things Everton, I would be very pleased if he comes here and have no doubt he would leave us in a much better state after a few seasons.

Thing is mate, Moyes and Martinez were ambitious young men.

I think the time has come for a proven pair of hands, preferably with previous successes.

Agree. Let's nail that criteria of proven successful hands alongside the young, ambitious part.

Emery sounds good in theory but surely question marks must be asked about his clubs considerable under achievement in the league.

Any team that wins the Europa Lge as frequently Seville have done are clearly a good side who should certainly be challenging for more honours. IMO they should actually be challenging the top 3 yet they never do.

I can see that point, but barring the Simeone and Pochettino types, I think his record is better than the many names we've got linked to. He won 2 cups and generally a net income in terms player transfers, and hung around the European spots. Being able to do a Valencia or Deportivo in La Liga is rare and requires Real and Barca to be completely in disarray. Much like how Bayern wins 99% o the titles too. They buy up all of the better players from their rivals.

Pellegrini may adapt better in an environment where he manages an underdog and has a far greater degree of control over transfers than would have been the case at Real or City. He does seem a more 'academic' style of manager but he would have us organised and would also bring a much more extensive scouting prowess for players which would serve us well.

I would take De Boer over Pellegrini. Some risk but better long term odds if it comes off. Agree Emery is a similarly unlikely pipe dream, don't seem him at Real/Barca though, prob would stay at Sevilla much like Simeone at Athletico.

Sky sports pundits saying Hughes,moyes and howe as potential candidates and we're saying pellegrini,jose,koeman or de boer abit of a difference.

Sky sports pundits saying Hughes,moyes and howe as potential candidates and we're saying pellegrini,jose,koeman or de boer abit of a difference.

Robbie earl just turned around and said, 'i think we are seeing and it's good to see the re-emergance of one of Londons great clubs' about west ham, basically that statement alone sums up exactly what pundits and ex players know about football or history, west ham have never been a great club, or a succesful club, or an anything of a club

Must say, not a fan of the Loew linkings. I know he's won the world cup but I've seen quite a few Germans who want him gone, and he is a very poor man-manager/motivator as well as not being proven at club level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back