Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying this. You wouldn't appoint a first year high school student to be the CEO of a major company.

Why on Earth would Everton allow someone with no experience behind the wheel?

We're a major club. Not a third tier club where you can cut your teeth.

We probably didn't have the resources or players in the past to attract anything but a young up and coming manager but now we should have the ambition to try and get someone a level up.

Definitely not in favour of Martin being first choice, but his resume is somewhat impressive. Did well with Leicester, great with Villa, and quite impressive with Celtic too (although I imagine not that difficult). Ireland beat Germany this season, and are on their way to the Euros.

We probably didn't have the resources or players in the past to attract anything but a young up and coming manager but now we should have the ambition to try and get someone a level up.

Its the 'plucky little Everton' tag.

Some people actually believe it.

My choices:

1) Mourinho
2) Bilic
3) Martinez

I find it incredible the consensus from 'proper' fans is that Bilic is not applicable, but we read many stories about Benitez and nobody bats an eyelid. I'm probably going to get grief for suggesting Bilic again.

Go all out to get Mourinho, or go all out to get Bilic. We have the money, we have the hope, we have a new stadium on the horizon, and Bilic has never been anything but complimentary about Everton, the fans and all connected.

'I came with great expectations of playing for our chairman, Peter Johnson. The club was, and will always be, big enough to win the league.

“Unfortunately I got injured but I enjoyed it, it was a massive club. The people are great here.'

also, this http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...just-want-west-ham-to-beat-them-a3108671.html

My choices:

1) Mourinho
2) Bilic
3) Martinez

I find it incredible the consensus from 'proper' fans is that Bilic is not applicable, but we read many stories about Benitez and nobody bats an eyelid. I'm probably going to get grief for suggesting Bilic again.

Go all out to get Mourinho, or go all out to get Bilic. We have the money, we have the hope, we have a new stadium on the horizon, and Bilic has never been anything but complimentary about Everton, the fans and all connected.

'I came with great expectations of playing for our chairman, Peter Johnson. The club was, and will always be, big enough to win the league.

“Unfortunately I got injured but I enjoyed it, it was a massive club. The people are great here.'

also, this http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...just-want-west-ham-to-beat-them-a3108671.html

Why on earth would Bilic leave West Ham.

If Martin O'Neil arrived at Everton. Think would be all too much for me...

ldbWK_s-200x150.gif

My choices:

1) Mourinho
2) Bilic
3) Martinez

I don't want to not give them/him credit for the season they have had... but if they don't hold on to Payet then I expect their other mercurial players to blow hot and cold and for him to be exposed as a bit of a clueless nugget when they have an average season next season.

They did well to acquire the players that they have and build a good team but I place him alongside Pardew in the 'hand-clappy motivator' stakes... not a tactician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back