Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to not give them/him credit for the season they have had... but if they don't hold on to Payet then I expect their other mercurial players to blow hot and cold and for him to be exposed as a bit of a clueless nugget when they have an average season next season.

They did well to acquire the players that they have and build a good team but I place him alongside Pardew in the 'hand-clappy motivator' stakes... not a tactician.

He has done well with Croatia. He is cool-headed. They have only lost 6 times all season in the league, third fewest of all clubs. 6 defeats, we've lost 8 at home ffs.

Unequivocally, the brief is to recruit the highest quality manager available with winning experiences at domestic and/or European levels, big league experience, premier league experience a large bonus.

This makes a total mockery of the betting, the trashy know-nothing journalists' spiel and many of the postings on here. Do you feel as though you are shouting into a vacuum, by any chance???

The more I think about it the more I feel it is Manuel Pellegrini. He is free, he develops players, he can attract big players and has been successful. It also ties in with Martinez still being here. I think we won't hear anything until Man City are out of Europe

Bilic and Simeone as most people know are unrealistic and non starters.

Mourinho IMO isn't as crazy as some might think, especially if LVG stays at Man U. His only other massive CL option then would be PSG if Blanc gets potted. Not sure where else would be a decent challenge for him.

That said, it does feel a bit like perfect alignment for Pellegrini, though I'm not sure he is 100% right for it! though anybody is a gamble I suppose.

After him, I think Favre, De Boer, Cocu and Mancini could all be interesting options and I would not be adverse to Mancini one bit.

It's time to believe mate, and I'm not just saying that from blind optimism. We are, for the first time in decades, in a position to compete for the best talent, and our history shows when we can do that, we are successful.

It's a great time to be a blue, again.
We've won the title four times in my life time, I was twenty six when we won the last one. It's been a long flipping wait, hope it pans out.

Definitely not in favour of Martin being first choice, but his resume is somewhat impressive. Did well with Leicester, great with Villa, and quite impressive with Celtic too (although I imagine not that difficult). Ireland beat Germany this season, and are on their way to the Euros.

Yeah, just had a look myself. Done really well with nearly every club he's managed. We could do much worse (in fact we did !).

Unequivocally, the brief is to recruit the highest quality manager available with winning experiences at domestic and/or European levels, big league experience, premier league experience a large bonus.
That doesn't rule out managers who have experience winning minor European leagues (outside England, Germany, Italy, Spain). That would be a major concern for me. They need major league title wins and/or European trophy success. If not, what is the point of change?

Definitely not in favour of Martin being first choice, but his resume is somewhat impressive. Did well with Leicester, great with Villa, and quite impressive with Celtic too (although I imagine not that difficult). Ireland beat Germany this season, and are on their way to the Euros.

Yeah, just had a look myself. Done really well with nearly every club he's managed. We could do much worse (in fact we did !).

Will be a dark, dark day in hell when a man like Martin O'Neill manages this brilliant club.

I'd need to take an Everton sabbatical. Would honestly rather have Martinez and the shadow of oblivion

It's time to believe mate, and I'm not just saying that from blind optimism. We are, for the first time in decades, in a position to compete for the best talent, and our history shows when we can do that, we are successful.

It's a great time to be a blue, again.
* goes to boboes thinking happy thoughts. Cheers The Esk. A beacon of hope in otherwise dark and uncertain times ;)

He has done well with Croatia. He is cool-headed. They have only lost 6 times all season in the league, third fewest of all clubs. 6 defeats, we've lost 8 at home ffs.

And we're crap and I'm not trying to claim that Martinez is better than him - that's just my opinion of him and I believe that when the feel-good factor around their club evaporates (e.g. if Payet leaves) then it will be exposed that he isn't all that great...

I doubt that he would come to us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back