Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilic and Simeone as most people know are unrealistic and non starters.

Mourinho IMO isn't as crazy as some might think, especially if LVG stays at Man U. His only other massive CL option then would be PSG if Blanc gets potted. Not sure where else would be a decent challenge for him.

That said, it does feel a bit like perfect alignment for Pellegrini, though I'm not sure he is 100% right for it! though anybody is a gamble I suppose.

After him, I think Favre, De Boer, Cocu and Mancini could all be interesting options and I would not be adverse to Mancini one bit.

Please not Mancini!!! I could not bear the sight of that suit and scarf wearing tit on the touchline in royal blue waiting to be punched in the face by Eddie Howe next time Bournemouth visit!
The only thing worse would be 'he who cannot be named' from palace.

I've always been a fan of Bilic as a manager but he doesn't quite fit the bill for our ambitions.

LVG seems convinced that he's staying at United for another season.. Would Mourinho give us that season to again show how good he really is?

If a De Boer type is the result of any trawl for a manager, that would be an underwhelming conclusion.

Someone like Emery would fit the bill. Champions League experience and a winner of continental trophies.

Other than Emery, who would you consider a reasonable target?

If a De Boer type is the result of any trawl for a manager, that would be an underwhelming conclusion.

Someone like Emery would fit the bill. Champions League experience and a winner of continental trophies.

I appreciate Emery's up and coming standing in the game but apparently his English is not great and that is a big concern for me. title-winner/domestic/European successs criteria is all well and good, but surely English fluency is a must?

another consideration is that Martinez considers Deulofeu to be potentially one of the best players in the world and Emery was not convinced by him in the slightest.

He has said he could work on his English, but I do not see him as top, top-class because he said the CL he gets overcome by the top teams but Europa league he has a chance.

Last edited:
I appreciate Emery's up and coming standing in the game but apparently his English is not great and that is a big concern for me. title-winner/domestic/European successs criteria is all well and good, but surely English fluency is a must?
It's not insurmountable.

another consideration is that Martinez considers Deulofeu to be potentially one of the best players in the world and Emery was not convinced by him in the slightest.

He has said he could work on his English, but I do not see him as top, top-class because he said the CL he gets overcome by the top teams but Europa league he has a chance.
To be fair Pochettino's English wasn't great when he was at Southampton but it's improved massively.

Whoever comes into Everton as manager has to buy into the vision provided by the major shareholder (soon majority shareholder) - most football people know our history, and to some extent our values, but most importantly they'll want to know our ambitions, resources and strategy for getting there.

I'm very confident Moshiri can deliver that, hence the likelihood of a very high quality and profile appointment.
*Performs the foxtrot whilst walking the dog...finishes with jazz hands!!

Problem with him to me is he seems to be part of a team of coaches which includes Bergkamp. It would be hard to gauge whether the success is down to him or not. I doubt we would get the whole team of coaches.

Whoever he brings will be that team IMO. Stam or Bergkamp might take over but he can bring the other plus 1-2 more.

I like the talk about Emery, he is the most attainable of all of the big teams. The fact Sevilla is not a big money club should make him more prized. Difficult to lure, sure, but that is a statement of ambition at least.

No Mou for me, unless someone finds his "self destruct button". He spends a lot, squanders a lot and usually leaves a dressing room mess. He might wins us something but it will only be for 3 years max. 1 year if LVG gets fired next season if not this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back