Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is very not-expert in football players and managers, I still like too say that I think that Roberto Mancini, has a interesting background, from what I can read.

If he will fit in here, is a whole nother story, that I will follow with interest.

Thank you.

I also like Koemans attitude. Straight talking and says it the way it is.

He was fuming when they only picked up a point at Goodison.

Nothing phenomenal about an away point for him.

Looks like he's getting frustrated by the lack of support at Southampton and their sell to buy policy.

I could definitely see him interested in coming here with the backing a new manager is set to receive.

No way. Mancini has balls and stature. He also knows what defending means.
he has no credible achievements in his managerial career!

Won Seria A after the top 2 teams were relegated / points deducted AND he hand picked whatever players he wanted from them who wanted to leave.

Won title at city after having an open cheque book and playing all out attack. Signing toure/aguero/silva among others and then wondering why you are succesful?

He is a bad manager, he just appears to be better than what he is.

Won Seria A after the top 2 teams were relegated / points deducted AND he hand picked whatever players he wanted from them who wanted to leave.

Won title at city after having an open cheque book and playing all out attack. Signing toure/aguero/silva among others and then wondering why you are succesful?

Dont agree at all.

But I dont think that he's real option anyways.

Love this new game on here where we take a very decent manager (eh. Mancini Pellegrini etc.) then try and rationalise away their multiple league title trophies to in fact make out that we may as well stay with a man who has led us to back to back bottom half finishes. You couldn't make it up. Only Evertonians. 'Pellegrini can't defend so I'd rather have Roberto Martinez'. Please.

Love this new game on here where we take a very decent manager (eh. Mancini Pellegrini etc.) then try and rationalise away their multiple league title trophies to in fact make out that we may as well stay with a man who has led us to back to back bottom half finishes. You couldn't make it up. Only Evertonians. 'Pellegrini can't defend so I'd rather have Roberto Martinez'. Please.
No, Pellegrini can't organise a defence, and our major problem is organisation so can we please replace Martinez with someone who knows how to defend.

No, Pellegrini can't organise a defence, and our major problem is organisation so can we please replace Martinez with someone who knows how to defend.

His stats from 13/14 are pretty good. So was the league title trophy that year. Pulis knows how to defend. We need a manager with the overall package. Pellegrini plays great football and is a multiple trophy winner with prem experience. He's also had success with sides like Villareal up to sides like Real Madrid. He would be a dream appointment.

His stats from 13/14 are pretty good. So was the league title trophy that year. Pulis knows how to defend. We need a manager with the overall package. Pellegrini plays great football and is a multiple trophy winner with prem experience. He's also had success with sides like Villareal up to sides like Real Madrid. He would be a dream appointment.
I hope the dream wont become a nightmare. If he did not have the players Mancini bought he would be in trouble due to his signings. There are better alternatives such as Favre, Garcia, AVB, Benitez and Mancini

Bill can wish for the man in the moon the fact is he has no say in the future selection of the next Everton manager.
The sooner Moshiri is anointed godfather the quicker we can put these " Bill wants" post in the bin.

Do you promise to join them in it?

So you can buy success after all then. In that case we might as well keep Martinez and let him buy it for us :dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back