Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would at least be confident it wouldn't go 'wrong' with Koeman, and there'd be a chance it could all go extremely 'right' too. Would be content but not windmilling. Solid though.

Plus, people say it's not a statement...obviously he's not a name like Mourinho or something, but poaching a manager from a club a lot of people see as having 'overtaken' us would defo be a statement imo.

Would at least be confident it wouldn't go 'wrong' with Koeman, and there'd be a chance it could all go extremely 'right' too. Would be content but not windmilling. Solid though.

Plus, people say it's not a statement...obviously he's not a name like Mourinho or something, but poaching a manager from a club a lot of people see as having 'overtaken' us would defo be a statement imo.

The only statement being he fancies spending Moshri's money which he won't get as much of at Southampton

Asked what it'd take for him to stay at Southampton beyond his current deal (2017), he said at a BBC fans' forum: 'Be happy as I am now.

'And that means to work with a great club, with good people to develop the team and still to have the belief between the technical staff and players, to go on.

'That's the key word, to continue or not, but it's my second season. We have time to think about it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3280034/Ronald-Koeman-hints-open-signing-new-Southampton-contract.html#ixzz48CWhmw9g

Dutch legend Ronald de Boer has suggested that Ronald Koeman will leave Southampton for another Premier League job, rather than to take the Netherland’s head coach role.

De Boer said: “There are no real contenders for this job [the Netherlands' role]. Koeman is very happy with Southampton, and and his next job will maybe be an even bigger team in England.”

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...cusses-koemans-future-beyond-southampton-job/

I'd be gutted if we went for him, he's done 'ok' with a southampton side that has had loads to spend, screams nothing special, and isn't ambitious, what so ever.
Spent pretty similar to Martinez and done much better even when his best players have consistently been sold off.

Koeman candidly admitted on Dutch radio that he wants the Chelsea job, and is hoping his mate Hiddink (Chelsea’s interim boss) will put in a good word for him:

”If Guus puts a good word in for me, that would be a big influence.”

“I always want to achieve the highest possible level. That has happened in Holland and that’s what I’d really like to achieve abroad.”

The Mirror splash the story across their Saturday back page, which doesn’t paint Koeman in the most professional light.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/k...-hiddink-to-hook-him-up-with-the-chelsea-job/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back