Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelmed but happy with any change. Bobby staying would be a complete disaster at this stage. If he comes, I wonder how many of our top players he could retain (my sense is none). At the same time, he is excellent at rebuilding squads. Just wish it was a proven Svengali proven winner, who could convince the likes of Rom and Stones to reinvest in the club. Perhaps that was always pie in the sky for this season. Doubt we'll win anything with Koeman, but our league form should dramatically improve.

It's also manifestly not the type of managerial appointment that you can turn round to the likes of Rom and Barkley and say "Stick with us we're going places."

And it gives the rags the perfect line of trotting out "proven track record of rebuilding after losing best players, which will be needed after Everton sell lukaku barkley stones etc."

Koeman would be fine.

It's not Jose. But outside of Jose, who is? Simeone (which is a total non-starter), Ancelotti (Bayern), Pep...and what Luis Enrique?

It's Jose, or the next rung down. Koeman may be on that next rung down, just as likely to succeed (moreso honestly) than FBD. Pellegrini is meh too.

The disappointment you're feeling? That's just anything but Jose.

Within the space of a minute it's gone from Josè to Koeman.

Koeman would be decent for us, like people have already stated hes done better than Pochettino at Southampton and he's doing wonders at Spurs. I do think that Koeman would be a decent manager for us, but Josè would completely take us to a different level. Just his name would put the club on the map in world football. Over to you Moshiri ...

Flipside being he's done bloody well in the league. 5 points off City atm, and has had to rebuild every summer.

Pochettino got financial backing at Saints - the worst sale he had to deal with was Jason Puncheon.

Lovren, Chambers, Lallana and Shaw were sold obviously with his knowledge within 1 month of him taking over. Not behind his back or without his blessing, he never even played one league game with these players. He's only really sold Clyne and Schneiderlin, but he reinvested nearly all of that money into Van Dijk and other signings.

Koeman would be fine.

It's not Jose. But outside of Jose, who is? Simeone (which is a total non-starter), Ancelotti (Bayern), Pep...and what Luis Enrique?

It's Jose, or the next rung down. Koeman may be on that next rung down, just as likely to succeed (moreso honestly) than FBD. Pellegrini is meh too.

The disappointment you're feeling? That's just anything but Jose.
No, the disappointment i'm feeling is he hasn't impressed me, i don't think he's great and i don't want him to manage everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back