Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may as well put it out there. The manager most likely to succeed Martinez is Koeman. Not saying why I am saying that, but there it is.

Screenshot_2016-05-04-23-36-47-1-1-1.webp
Nooooooooooooooo!!!

Jose stuff is a bit pie in the sky, Koeman has done a better job at Saints than Poch and things not gone too badly for him at Spurs. He can spot a player and clearly keep them motivated hence the run they are on now when everyone else is on the beach. Dropped Pelle this week for being lazy in training, this is what we need, someone to keep the players on their toes as our team seems to pick itself bar injury.

People are saying De Boer has done nothing in Europe, but Koeman could not even get past a Danish team in the Europa League in the first-round this season. De Boer has beaten Barcelona in the Champions League.

Isn't Koeman the "good job on a tight budget" appointment? When reports suggest we're about to spend 100m in the next window? Has he ever had money to spend? I'm underwhelmed.

Koeman's done well at Southampton - solid defensively and play decent football. A logical replacement for Martinez, although one you might expect with the old owners rather than the new and apparently ambitious one.

My biggest concern about Koeman is that he's a Tweeting obsessive, which makes him a dolt.

People are saying De Boer has done nothing in Europe, but Koeman could not even get past a Danish team in the Europa League in the first-round this season. De Boer has beaten Barcelona.

Flipside being he's done bloody well in the league. 5 points off City atm, and has had to rebuild every summer.

Pochettino got financial backing at Saints - the worst sale he had to deal with was Jason Puncheon.

Koeman's done well at Southampton - solid defensively and play decent football. A logical replacement for Martinez, although one you might expect with the old owners rather than the apparently new and ambitious one.

My biggest concern about Koeman is that he's a Tweeting obsessive, which makes him a dolt.

He tweeted this after yet another player joined Liverpool.. Sense of humour is fine with me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back