Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the info by the way, I am sure it is appreciated off everybody.

This to me has a definite low key feel to it. It's certainly not the top drawer manager or change of mentality that threads have been saying over the last couple of weeks, in fact far from it.

A bit like being told you are having steak for dinner and getting a Greggs steak bake.

i think we should try for the very best option available to us, and then work down from that.

Koeman should be a major after-thought.

Which is? Seriously, mate, if Pellegrini and Koeman aren't good enough who do you think is? Take Mourinho out of the conversation for a moment, as we all know what he can do. Who is next on the rung as a genuine possibility in your eyes?

No, the disappointment i'm feeling is he hasn't impressed me, i don't think he's great and i don't want him to manage everton.
Right, but really, other than Jose who is great?

I've been wracking my brain over the past few weeks and literally everyone pales to Jose. Emery maybe would be good as well...but Sevilla are in 7th in a 3 team league.

FBD hasn't won a two horse race in two seasons and is poo in Europe. Pellegrini has City in a place where CL is out of their hands.

Everyone is risk at this point. Koeman has done ok in the league at least.

For me it's Mourinho or 'meh'. He's not the worst option, it beats the hell out of Mark Hughes.

People are saying De Boer has done nothing in Europe, but Koeman could not even get past a Danish team in the Europa League in the first-round this season. De Boer has beaten Barcelona.

Tough choice between them two,koemans got prem experience and de boers won titles at Ajax but I'll be pretty happy with either.

Lovren, Chambers, Lallana and Shaw were sold obviously with his knowledge within 1 month of him taking over. Not behind his back or without his blessing, he never even played one league game with these players. He's only really sold Clyne and Schneiderlin, but he reinvested nearly all of that money into Van Dijk and other signings.

The point is much more about how he replaced key members of a team leaving. Largely irrelevant whether he was the one who sold them, as long as he was the one who had to replace them in the same window. And he's done that successfully. It's a bloody hard thing to do, don't know why you're putting it down so much.

I think it's important to read what Esk said. "most likely" isn't a definite. Koeman maybe the favorite but that doesn't necessarily mean other managers aren't still in the running. My guess is that it's a fluid situation and that is what jumps out to me from the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back