Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to read what Esk said. "most likely" isn't a definite. Koeman maybe the favorite but that doesn't necessarily mean other managers aren't still in the running. My guess is that it's a fluid situation and that is what jumps out to me from the post.
Yes typical us jumping the gun.
I think we have 4 or 5 candidates lined up think keep everyone sweet/backup plans

Wasn't Koeman the one moaning the other week about the negative effect of players being on their phones all the time? If he is chief tweeter what a hypocrite.

If you honestly think we are getting Mourinho and you're let down at the thought of Koeman joining us then you need a slap to wake up. We could do so much worse and not much better than Koeman.
You're right.

Terrible having high hopes. Even ones that are unlikely. We should be happy with our lot in life and accept that the best of the rest is our place.

GOT readers after the Koeman bombshell......

Computer-Guy.png

Just to clarify, for reasons I am not going into Koeman is the most likely replacement. Jose is not out of the frame, but as a club we cannot put all our "eggs" in the "Jose basket" for obvious reasons.

Armed with a serious amount of cash, and given the task of rebuilding - let's be realistic, that's the task any incoming manager faces, the Martinez project is dead and we're likely to lose at least one of our "star" players in Lukaku, perhaps Stones as well - albeit receiving significant fees for both, Koeman is a pretty decent choice, and one who has the potential if not yet, the proven ability to become a winner.

I'm pretty certain that a revamped Everton squad, under Koeman would have be highly competitive in this year's PL, so why not in next year also?

There's also the very real prospect of a Director of Football being appointed, integrating all of the junior levels with the senior side - an extremely valuable asset if this proves to be the case.

Lets just accept we are turd and a mid table nothing team, and get what we are given.

Seems to be the mentality.

Would appointing Koeman be an acknowledgement that at least one of our best players will be sold this summer?

If not, how is his experience of replacing lost players relevant? Equally how relevant is his -25m net spend when he's coming to a club where he'll have freedom to spend money? What is actually on his CV that convinces anyone he can take us to the next level...silverware? Champions league qualification? Fantasic big money signings?

I don't dispute he's done a great job at Southampton...but I was hoping that managing Everton in 2016-17 and beyond would be an entirely different job with different expectations and parameters for success.

Unless that's not the case, then Koeman remains a good candidate for the wrong job, IMHO.

I'd take Koeman as next manager - ok, would rather it was Mourinho (so would the missus) - but he was on my list of possibles. Money to spend, he'll do what Martinez couldn't. Sort out the defence, get us playing flowing football and we're off.....

It would certainly explain the silence and the saga being dragged out with him being under contract with Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back