Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Koemans achievements at Southampton don't even exceed Moyes' achievements at Everton. It's another appointment that will see us celebrating 7th placed finishes again.

We'd also have to pay Southampton compensation. It would be ridiculous to go for him when Pellegrini is on a free.

Southampton are not Everton, plus Koeman was a huge name as a player, and has managed big European clubs successfully.

Because Koemans achievements at Southampton don't even exceed Moyes' achievements at Everton. It's another appointment that will see us celebrating 7th placed finishes again.

We'd also have to pay Southampton compensation. It would be ridiculous to go for him when Pellegrini is on a free.
Southampton are a much smaller club than Everton, and Moyes never had to completely rebuild a team twice.
He'd also have a lot more money to spend than he ever has.

Who cares about compensation? He only has a year left, it wont be a huge fee. Pellegrini possesses much of the same traits as Martinez, he is very stubborn and the City fans are glad he is leaving. After watching that Real Madrid game, he didn't even try to win it.

He's been there two seasons, two. Where do you think he should have had Southampton finishing considering the talent he's had to sell?

Compensation will be minimal too as he's only got 12 months left on his contract.

He'd get us back in the top half, we'd possibly qualify for the Europa League, but he won't take us to a level beyond that. A Martinez Everton side hammered his Southampton side at the beginning of the season, and then they couldn't even beat the lamest Everton side in living memory the other week. You could even say they bottled it, as they are challenging for Europe and we were completely there for the taking.

He'd get us back in the top half, we'd possibly qualify for the Europa League, but he won't take us to a level beyond that. A Martinez Everton side hammered his Southampton side at the beginning of the season, and then they couldn't even beat the lamest Everton side in living memory the other week. You could even say they bottled it, as they are challenging for Europe and we were completely there for the taking.
You're being very selective there! You can pick out games to beat any manager with. However..

"Koeman work deserves more praise. Now beaten #mcfc, #mufc, #afc, #thfc, #cfc, #lfc this season. More points since New Years Day than Spurs."

Koeman Pros :

- Proven in PL
- Knows how to beat Liverpool
- Can teach our FK takers how to 'flick one'

Koeman Cons :

He's not Jose
The main thing I look at is have they consistently exceeded expectations at the club's they've managed. When you look at Koeman's managerial career I don't think you can say that.

He won Southamptons player of the month. Like Niasse won it for his club.

Can you imagine Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal etc appointing Koeman? Or even West Ham? If we keep thinking like a mid table no mark then we'll keep being a mid table no mark.

I can imagine Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal appointing Koeman he is respected in the game. Would it work? who know's everyone being mentioned is a gamble. Mouhrino would be a gamble, he's an arrogant fool, I wouldn't want him his ego is a concern. His treatment of the doctor was a disgrace and brought shame on that club and ruined their season from day 1, the guy's an idiot.
I wish people would stop mentioning West Ham too that's all we've had all season West Ham this West Ham that. First day of the season in August we go to their place (tax payers new place) and do them 4 nil and they get relegated next season. That would do for me.

Koeman would be a bit underwhelming after the talk of high-profile managers, but equally he's better than Martinez. He has a Southampton team that consistently has its heart ripped out challenging for Europe, and has bought reasonably astutely (£12m for Shane Long aside, but that looks like a bargain in comparison to £13.5m for Niasse).

I can imagine Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal appointing Koeman he is respected in the game. Would it work? who know's everyone being mentioned is a gamble. Mouhrino would be a gamble, he's an arrogant fool, I wouldn't want him his ego is a concern. His treatment of the doctor was a disgrace and brought shame on that club and ruined their season from day 1, the guy's an idiot.
I wish people would stop mentioning West Ham too that's all we've had all season West Ham this West Ham that. First day of the season in August we go to their place (tax payers new place) and do them 4 nil and they get relegated next season. That would do for me.
Whilst his treatment of Carneiro was indeed disgraceful, I'm not sure that club has any shame. It was their fans after all that wouldn't allow a black man to board a train on the Paris metro and instead racially abused him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back