Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

koeman has won the dutch league 3 times, so to me hasn't he achieved as much as de boer/cocu? winning the league when in charge of a top club...less of a risk than de boer/cocu has fairly successful in premier league(Transfer record at soton seems pretty good too)

de boer/cocu seem bigger rick but potentially bigger reward?

Ronald. Koeman.

Not quite the "top class appointment" originally intimated.

I'm not shooting the messenger there btw, I appreciate all the info that's been given to us.

Keep Martinez.

There are absolutely no reasons on this planet for keeping Martinez and well you know it.

I'd take the tea lady over that completely clueless bin man at the moment.

Whilst his treatment of Carneiro was indeed disgraceful, I'm not sure that club has any shame. It was their fans after all that wouldn't allow a black man to board a train on the Paris metro and instead racially abused him.
It's a decent point but not all fans are like that, every Club has an element of that. All I'm saying is that he had Chelsea all over the press due to his behavior and never felt it right to apologize. I don't like him,he's a fool.

I'd be terrified of anyone who lets the rs put 6 past them in what was a big game for them.

That 1 result in isolation puts me right off him.

2 more than they thrashed us by? mate, they should have beat us 8-0.

they had 34 shots on our goal, we were there but for the grace of God.

100% prefer martinez to koeman.
We need a change. Martinez is bs talker. Koeman would do. New start.
I can see what board might see in him. A long term manager with deep insight of the game and PL. So'ton has great academy as do we. Koeman could turn us very successful with Moshy. Jose would have been here year or two and would probs lost his marbles anyways.

Koeman underwhelming for sure and certainly not indicative of an clearly espoused change in direction/ambition under Moshiri. I guess given the state of on-pitch affairs, they are placing priority in someone with PL experience, and may see De Doer and others as too much of a risk without it.

Generally, I think a Koeman appointment would be passed over in the media, we are not making any statement of intent in appointing him.

I will get behind him 100% if appointed. I hope he has found his managerial niche in the Premiership, as his record elsewhere pulls up no trees. He would steady the ship and take no nonsense from the players at least.

The Director of Football is intriguing. I can't remember the poster or thread, but Gianluca Vialli was mentioned randomly on here last week I think, I thought it was odd at the time, wonder if there is any credence in it?

Ronald Koeman spent three full seasons at Feyenoord before joining Southampton. They didn't win anything. They lost 20 league games in 3 seasons compared to Frank De Boer's 10 in the last 3 seasons, (or 19 league defeats since taking the Ajax job in 2010) and they went out (just like at Southampton) in the first attempt in European Competition each time 3 years runnung.

Frank De Boer has created stars, money for his club, brought through dozens of youngsters from his academy. Frank De Boer's biggest signing while delivering titles has been £4.5m, he has done a brilliant job and has turned down many offers and stayed loyal to Ajax, his net spend is something like -£60m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back