Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link to Mourinho has made people really raise expectations of the manager. The Esk has said he is still possible but koeman was more likely. In 2 seasons in the premier league he has proven to be a very astute and tactically sound manager and their signing of players has in the main been very good.
We look at this totally through everton eyes and at the moment I don't think we are a very attractive option for real top managers.
But if we do get koeman and he gets us top 6 2 seasons in a row then maybe we will look a better option.

Mm. That's where I went. The Guardian. Zilch about CL or Title challenge.

I'm not imagining it am I? On my phone and can't look.

Programme notes from Chelsea:

Committed to funds
Looking at stadium situation

Obviously this isn't the Moshiri thread but:

CdRPpW8WwAA7v0e.jpg

All part of a bigger picture to increase our standing in world football.

Needs the right man in charge though.

Can people stop mentioning Mourinho, its not happening get over it. I wouldn't go near Everton if I was him either.

People are being harsh on Koeman. Both seasons he's had to have loads of players sold from under his nose. Liverpool especially keep pillaging them.

With financial backing he'd not only be able to keep making quality signings but also actually hold onto players (bar perhaps Rom and Stones). Also had some bad injury luck that exposed squad depth problems (Forster returning marked a big upturn in form).

Unfortunately he doesn't guarantee success like perhaps only Jose can, but he's done enough to suggest he could have us pushing for the top 4 at least.

Where did i say i would prefer us to be relegated?

Have you seen what he did to valencia? Even at AZ?

Look at his career closely, hes very underwhelming and i wouldnt bother changing managers if he was the only option.

Still though, its not as if we have the entie globe to choose from....

Preferring the current manager is preferring relegation. Have you seen recent performances to think otherwise? Whereas koeman is sitting 6th in the league again.

So you would be happy because
hes not martinez and stoke/swansea would take him?

i want better.

I'm saying right now we are no better than them clubs so therefore the level of manager is the same expectations. So yeah, I'd be happy to going back to Europe again, winning more games and not being relegated.

You want better, because you enjoy playing football manager on here. In reality if we can convince a better manager to come then fantastic, but otherwise koeman is a pretty good manager to bring in considering the direction we are going in

The link to Mourinho has made people really raise expectations of the manager. The Esk has said he is still possible but koeman was more likely. In 2 seasons in the premier league he has proven to be a very astute and tactically sound manager and their signing of players has in the main been very good.
We look at this totally through everton eyes and at the moment I don't think we are a very attractive option for real top managers.
But if we do get koeman and he gets us top 6 2 seasons in a row then maybe we will look a better option.

This is all wrong mate. Top 6, 2 seasons in a row would be a par result for this squad and another example of Everton aiming low and achieving mediocrity.

We have some class players who right at this moment in time are still are OUR players. An ambitious managerial appointment by us which sends out a signal of intent would help us retain them as well as whatever the new manager signs with the supposedly large war chest he has available should see us aiming much higher than 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back