Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but who cares? we need winners and we need someone that can beat the rs and he's the one for us. NSNO
I think you'll find more people than you'd think would object to Bilic, the man who, using his legal knowledge, found loopholes to refuse to play for Everton through "injury" when we needed decent defenders, got paid by the club and still turned out for Croatia at the same time.

I think you'll find more people than you'd think would object to Bilic, the man who, using his legal knowledge, found loopholes to refuse to play for Everton through "injury" when we needed decent defenders, got paid by the club and still turned out for Croatia at the same time.
Let's just stick with gentleman Martinez then, i'm sorry but i don't care who or what our future manager is or what he's done. As long as he brings success then it's all good.

Yep.
Would rather have the FSW than Bilic... and I guess that would hardly be a popular appointment.

Don't get the hate on Koeman. He has prem experience so isn't a risk, his teams play nice football, he's done a good job at Soton having his best players sold on him and takes no [Poor language removed].

Lets be honest, as much as everyone hopes, we all know deep down that we wont get Mourinho, it's just not gonna happen. De Boer is unproven here can't see how anyone can want him but tirn their nose up at Koeman, Joeman is more experienced and we know he can manage in the prem. Pellegrini is old and wont stay and build a legacy, Low wont come here neither will the Sevilla manager. Koeman is young enough to build a team he's probanly the best AND most realistic manager we can hope for imo.

Don't get the hate on Koeman. He has prem experience so isn't a risk, his teams play nice football, he's done a good job at Soton having his best players sold on him and takes no [Poor language removed].

Lets be honest, as much as everyone hopes, we all know deep down that we wont get Mourinho, it's just not gonna happen. De Boer is unproven here can't see how anyone can want him but tirn their nose up at Koeman, Joeman is more experienced and we know he can manage in the prem. Pellegrini is old and wont stay and build a legacy, Low wont come here neither will the Sevilla manager. Koeman is young enough to build a team he's probanly the best AND most realistic manager we can hope for imo.

Nice footie is one thing, but I'd rather have winning football and then add the polish.
In this day and age, it's all about winning.

This is all wrong mate. Top 6, 2 seasons in a row would be a par result for this squad and another example of Everton aiming low and achieving mediocrity.

We have some class players who right at this moment in time are still are OUR players. An ambitious managerial appointment by us which sends out a signal of intent would help us retain them as well as whatever the new manager signs with the supposedly large war chest he has available should see us aiming much higher than 6th.
I want us to win things. Get top 4 etc.
But we were 11th last season and probbaly lower this season. Other teams have and will improved. Leicester , spurs , city, arsenal , United and the red s. No matter who comes in it is no given we finish ahead of them. Last 2 seasons have been a massive set back and it's not just flicking a switch to get us top 4.
I'm not looking at it as poor ol everton. I'm looking at it as realisticly as I can

I want us to win things. Get top 4 etc.
But we were 11th last season and probbaly lower this season. Other teams have and will improved. Leicester , spurs , city, arsenal , United and the red s. No matter who comes in it is no given we finish ahead of them. Last 2 seasons have been a massive set back and it's not just flicking a switch to get us top 4.
I'm not looking at it as poor ol everton. I'm looking at it as realisticly as I can

I don't think there is a team with more scope for improvement in them than us, not 1.

We have a top 6 squad, plenty of money to spend, it's just about appointing the right man now to keep the jewels in this squad, get them organised and spend our money well.

Leicester have shown, anything is possible, and we should not be looking for a manager who's ceiling is top 6.

I don't think there is a team with more scope for improvement in them than us, not 1.

We have a top 6 squad, plenty of money to spend, it's just about appointing the right man now to keep the jewels in this squad, get them organised and spend our money well.

Leicester have shown, anything is possible, and we should not be looking for a manager who's ceiling is top 6.
Your saying we have a top 6 squad. I'm sayin first season in top 6 would be a major improvement on what we have done.
No manager guarantees success . It's all a risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back