Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha.. all i can think of is Joe, Venables and Harry redknapp..

I know it must have worked really well somewhere ??

There was also Denis Wise...

It seems a bit of a messy history in the PL at least, partially because the remit of the DoF in each case has been unclear. When it appears to be an appointment due to a lack of confidence in the head coach to fulfill all of the responsibilities of a general manager it's bound to cause problems. That's why Les Reed is a good example, who has been in post for a period of six years and four managers. I think his official title is Head of Development or something similar.

I'd imagine it has worked somewhere outside the UK but I'm not sure.

There was also Denis Wise...

It seems a bit of a messy history in the PL at least, partially because the remit of the DoF in each case has been unclear. When it appears to be an appointment due to a lack of confidence in the head coach to fulfill all of the responsibilities of a general manager it's bound to cause problems. That's why Les Reed is a good example, who has been in post for a period of six years and four managers. I think his official title is Head of Development or something similar.

I'd imagine it has worked somewhere outside the UK but I'm not sure.
I don't fancy a director of football.

I think the only reason its appealing now, is due to the utter mess were in with Martinez and the idea that with a bit of help, he could have done much better.

A new gaffer with a strong set of coaching staff would appeal far more to myself.

I don't fancy a director of football.

I think the only reason its appealing now, is due to the utter mess were in with Martinez and the idea that with a bit of help, he could have done much better.

A new gaffer with a strong set of coaching staff would appeal far more to myself.

If a DoF is something we're set on I think it's quite telling as to who our next manager will be, considering Koeman's been working with one for the last two years and Mourinho is pretty unlikely to want to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back