Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so it's no Jose, no party then :drunk:

am already steeling myself for him not coming: he doesn't develop youth, falls out with everyone after 3 years, doesn't have a great record in the transfer market and plays boring 1-0 football.
Maybe because his stock has fallen so dramatically he's open to change? Or maybe he never will.

But even if we had him for 3 seasons, those 3 seasons could bring trophies, more investment and big name players!

But he's not coming haha

....Mourinho into 6-1 with BetVictor.

image.webp

Still not convinced Mourinho would guarantee trophies. Porto or Benfica win everything in Portugal, Inter one of biggest clubs in Italy, Madrid or Barca in Spain (Athletico after he left) then Chelsea one of richest clubs in England.

His ego is more important than his team, he has a history of selling players because his ego demands it, he buys som absolute rubbish. I don't think ANY manager will be able to turn us round in 3 years, by then Mourinho will of burnt all his bridges (like he always does) and be off after blowing all the wedge on expensive pre madonnas.

We need a long term plan with a long term manager who will slowly steady the ship then move us forward. We don't have the financial power for a quick turnaround.

Still not convinced Mourinho would guarantee trophies. Porto or Benfica win everything in Portugal, Inter one of biggest clubs in Italy, Madrid or Barca in Spain (Athletico after he left) then Chelsea one of richest clubs in England.

His ego is more important than his team, he has a history of selling players because his ego demands it, he buys som absolute rubbish. I don't think ANY manager will be able to turn us round in 3 years, by then Mourinho will of burnt all his bridges (like he always does) and be off after blowing all the wedge on expensive pre madonnas.

We need a long term plan with a long term manager who will slowly steady the ship then move us forward. We don't have the financial power for a quick turnaround.
I still want him.

Don't really agree with this paragraph. No one praises his time at Porto for domestic trophies, he won THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE with them. With Porto ffs.

He took over Inter and won them their first CL since the 1960s. Toppling Barca at their absolute peak, when they were deemed unstoppable. He got Madrid their first title in half a decade and yes, alongside bags of money, turned Chelsea from nobodies into multiple time champions (cretins as they are). He came back and immediately won the Prem again. Even then money doesn't guarantee much. Look at United, Liverpool, even City. Throwing money around like crazy and achieving nothing or underachieving at best. Even outside England, PSG have failed to reach a CL final despite their insane amounts of cash.

There's a lot you can question about Mourinho, but trophies? Nah. With money and without money, in very short spaces of time, he has won everything across multiple leagues. No one else can boast that.

You are not alone there.

Imagine the meltdown when Kenwright comes out after season is over and claims "what a manager" again and proclaims he's getting a new contract. I reckon the internet will melt!

Just a thought here like but has anyone thought maybe they are saying nothing because they are keeping him and waiting until after the Norwich game to announce it so there wont be major kick offs. Let season end, announce he's staying, let the dust settle and fume subside, spend 100 mil and all of a sudden things don't seem so bad.

Don't really agree with this paragraph. No one praises his time at Porto for domestic trophies, he won THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE with them. With Porto ffs.

He took over Inter and won them their first CL since the 1960s. Toppling Barca at their absolute peak, when they were deemed unstoppable. He got Madrid their first title in half a decade and yes, alongside bags of money, turned Chelsea from nobodies into multiple time champions (cretins as they are). He came back and immediately won the Prem again. Even then money doesn't guarantee much. Look at United, Liverpool, even City. Throwing money around like crazy and achieving nothing or underachieving at best. Even outside England, PSG have failed to reach a CL final despite their insane amounts of cash.

There's a lot you can question about Mourinho, but trophies? Nah. With money and without money, in very short spaces of time, he has won everything across multiple leagues. No one else can boast that.

I didn't say he hadn't won anything, I know he has won a lot but people thinking he'll come here and win us a trophy ir get us champs league inside 2 seasons are seriously deluded. Mate we are MILES behind the pace in the prem, the whole squad needs overhauling, payers like Hiward, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar, Mcgeady, Gibson all need replacing if we lose Lukku and Stones that's 2 of our 3 best players gone. There isno quik fix in this it's a project and a rebuild from top to bottom and I don't think Mourinho has the patience or inclination to do it is what I'm saying.

One thing I will guarantee is he wont turn us into a too 4 team in 18 months, Our Lord himself couldn't do that.

@bluestevon you've echoed my own thoughts on Koeman.

1-- Did the double with Ajax and regained the title 2 years later then managed to decline over the next 2 seasons.

2-- Finished 3rd in a 3 horse race with benfica

3-- PSV won the league on last day of the season with the best squad.

4-- Win % was 18% at Valencia. Lost the players, fajs and staff and was a laughing stock.

5-- AZ brought him back to holland and then sacked him due to terrible results

6-- Feyenoord is cited as his best job even though he only won a cup there in 3 seasons

7-- Southampton he lost a bunch of players and replaced them with overseas players at lower cost. Has had some great results in league games and some disasters with full strength teams out, also shocking cup exits.

He hasnt lasted over a season at 5 out of 8 clubs.

@The Esk if this is the chap who Moshiri thinks could be the one to take us to the next level then something must have been lost in translation along the way.

It would be a disgraceful unambitious appointment and i suggest all the signs point to him doing a Valencia with us just as he has a little pressure he crumbles but does well at feyenoord and aouthampton under no pressure.

Totally agree with you Zat man.

I don't even think Koeman's that bad but I just think it would be as unambitious an appointment as we could manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back