Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me we need to swerve off the chancers so write off anyone who hasn't already been successful. No howe no karanka etc.

With money anything is possible.

Go for mourinho if he doesn't fancy it, go for hiddink for a year. If not him go for AVB.

Someone who already has success behind them.

AVB has no success in the PL though Aaron, agree we need someone proven though.

Its a risk for sure, but hes currently on course to win his 3rd league title in his 3rd different country within 5 years, yes the teams hes managed are expected to win titles, but its still an impressive record. Would be a major, major gamble and he wouldnt be long term, plus im not even sure if hes the right "type" of man to manage us, but his record is hard to ignore IMO.

Im leaning more towards Cocu, from Coco to Cocu would be poetic.

Id prefer somebody who, all going well, would stay long term to build something...whilst winning something preferably.

There is an argument for gambling a bit more now though if we are going to be more financially secure.

Failed to get into champs league spots with both sides, who subsequently sacked him?

Well that is not true because he was sacked in the middle of the season when chelsea was 5th i think because he put lampard and terry on the bench and his boss didn't like it.

At spurs "Villas-Boas left the club with the highest percentage of league wins of any manager in the club's Premier League era." having won all EL games and being still in the fight for the top 4.

So that is hardly a failor and if it is then martinez is the biggest fail in football history

Isnt Wenger out of contract this summer. Not saying I want him like, but Arsenal connections and such

AVB has no success in the PL though Aaron, agree we need someone proven though.
I dont think avb did as badly as some say.

He had a major rebuilding job at Chelsea and wasnt doing that badly. Even at spurs he was doing okay and most of the signings he made aside from soldado turned out good with time.

But again he wasn't given the chance.

He would certainly do better than rm

Won less than half of his games in charge of Chelsea.. sacked.

Sold Bale and replaced him with over £100m worth of tosh.. sacked.

If you disagree with the idea that he failed at both Spurs and Chelsea i'm all ears.

I dont know if he was behind the transfers at spurs (they have a sporting director who deals with it i think) but the decision of sellong bale was surely not up to him.

And if being sacked by chelsea is what make a bad manager means that ancelotti and scolari are fails and mourinho is utter poor because he got sacked twice

Still a better manger than Martinez

I wouldnt necessarily agree with that to be honest. Success can involve a lot of luck and Mancini has had things go his way more than most whether it being having barely any opposition when winning with Inter or landing the City job and all the millions to spend to get an almost there club up to the top. His league win despite those millions came with an injury time winner against a pretty bad Man U team.

My opinion of him is that you could put many managers in the positions he has had and a lot of them would have gotten the same if not better results.

If AVB could replicate results he had at chelsea and spurs he would be a legend at Everton :) nevermind his results at Porto and Zenit.

I dont think avb did as badly as some say.

He had a major rebuilding job at Chelsea and wasnt doing that badly. Even at spurs he was doing okay and most of the signings he made aside from soldado turned out good with time.

But again he wasn't given the chance.

He would certainly do better than rm

No certainly didn't to bad but nothing 'spectacular' at the same time.

Wouldn't be the worst option but still think we need a top manager, people will say a top manager won't come but money talks and we used to pay scottish dave a shed load compared to Martinez.

I dont know if he was behind the transfers at spurs (they have a sporting director who deals with it i think) but the decision of sellong bale was surely not up to him.

And if being sacked by chelsea is what make a bad manager means that ancelotti and scolari are fails and mourinho is utter poor because he got sacked twice

Scolari was a failure, you're right.

Ancelotti won trophies, Mourinho won trophies. AVB didn't and was quite simply a failure at Chelsea. There is no two ways of looking at it.

AVB... really? A man that has FAILED with two previous premier league clubs?

Finished 5th in the league with Spurs and they also finished 1 point behind 4th place and 3 points behind 3rd place.

Chelsea was bad but after hearing all the stories of how the players refused to work for him etc, it's hard to blame that entirely on him.

If I was living in fantasy land, I'd be begging for Jose but I feel that AVB who has won stuff would be a decent option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.