NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got lucky. He got lucky. And you know what you only need to be lucky for a half to win a game. Normal Mahomes (9 times out of 10) wipes the floor with Burrow in the second half.

Enjoy your two weeks before the inevitable defeat.
What's Mahomes' record against the Bengals since Burrow was drafted?

Mahomes is lucky. Lucky to have been drafted by a team that has an elite-level personnel group on the OL, an ACTUAL Pro bowl WR and an ACTUAL Pro bowl TE, an absolute legend of a head coach, and an elite D.

He's even more lucky that he doesn't have to face Joe Burrow and the Bengals every year, because for some reason the matchup favours Cincinnati.

We shouldn't even be in the playoffs. We're in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore FFS, and nine seasons out of ten they BOTH qualify.

What's Mahomes' record against the Bengals since Burrow was drafted?

Mahomes is lucky. Lucky to have been drafted by a team that has an elite-level personnel group on the OL, an ACTUAL Pro bowl WR and an ACTUAL Pro bowl TE, an absolute legend of a head coach, and an elite D.

He's even more lucky that he doesn't have to face Joe Burrow and the Bengals every year.
Elite D my ass. Middle of the pack at best.

He has 2 weapons on offense. 2.

Unlike the Bengals with 3 recievers and a decent TE and Pro Bowl RB.

Since when didnt Chase make the Pro Bowl?

Elite D my ass. Middle of the pack at best.

He has 2 wepoaons on offense. 2.

Unlike the Bengals with 3 recievers and a decent TE and Pro Bowl level RB.

Since when didnt Chase make the Pro Bowl?
Chase only got drafted in 2021. He's a rookie. Never been eligible for the Pro bowl before, so he's never been selected.

And let's be serious about your D for a second. Joe Burrow forensically dissected it last night in the second half, but it took the entire first half for him to work out how to do it. Your D has been immense for three or four years now, it rarely struggles against anyone. In fact, it's only really Brady who's done what Burrow did last night. Your D is elite... It takes an elite QB to find the weak spots.

Chase only got drafted in 2021. He's a rookie. Never been eligible for the Pro bowl before, so he's never been selected.
Hes the second coming of Randy Moss, be serious. Everyone knows it.

He made the Pro Bowl this year.

And I wont bother talking about the obvious qualities of Higgins, Mixon and Boyd.

But carry on deluding yourself that Burrow is doing this on his own.

they are something he'll have to learn to overcome, and its going to be very difficult
hes been in the league 5 years now, with a tough loss in the Super Bowl and a stretch where he was struggling this mid season - he overcame those.

This is just another event. His natural talent always comes through.

Hes the second coming of Randy Moss, be serious. Everyone knows it.

He made the Pro Bowl this year.

And I wont bother talking about the obvious qualities of Higgins, Mixon and Boyd.

But carry on deluding yourself that Burrow is doing this on his own.
Didn't say Burrow was doing it on his own. I said it was miraculous that he's doing it behind THIS offensive line.

Mixon's excellent... Behind a terrible OL. His yards after contact figures are ridiculous, but I'd prefer he wasn't getting those first contacts behind the line of scrimmage.

With a lesser QB, Higgins and Boyd don't get the ball much. They're not Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice - they're not even Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh. Let's see if anyone needing a WR1 comes in with big offers for Higgins or Boyd.

Unless he's playing against Brady or Burrow?
Who knows

We have a sample size of 2 against Burrow - games that clearly could have gone either way.

As I said there were reports/rumours of locker room arguments at HT over the botched TD attempt.

Hardman and Hill were going at it in the 3rd quarter.

hes been in the league 5 years now, with a tough loss in the Super Bowl and a stretch where he was struggling this mid season - he overcame those.

This is just another event. His natural talent always comes through.
Bradley Wiggins once skidded off the road in a descent.
He stood up, his confidence totally shot, and never won a bike race again. I've never seen Mahomes play this bad, never thought he could slip this dramatically.

If Aaron Rodgers joins the Broncos then he'll have an even harder time getting where he wants to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back