NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have gone either way.

But they didn't.

Because Mahomes had meltdowns in both games.
I wouldnt say so in the first game - he only had 3 posessions in the second half.

Funnily enough the last thow he made to Hill, if you look, was dead on the money - the Bengals D just made a great play.

I wouldnt say so in the first game - he only had 3 posessions in the second half.

Funnily enough the last thow he made to Hill, if you look, was dead on the money - the Bengals D just made a great play.
The interception in overtime?

That was an example of failing to read the coverage. 3rd and 10, Kelce had an LB in man on man and should have been the target, whereas Hill was double-covered and there was an LB in the underneath zone.

It was a 3-man rush with an LB spying Mahomes - he should have hit Kelce or just scrambled, would have got the first down either way. Terrible decision-making under very little pressure.

That was an example of failing to read the coverage. 3rd and 10, Kelce had an LB in man on man and should have been the target, whereas Hill was double-covered and there was an LB in the underneath zone.

It was a 3-man rush with an LB spying Mahomes - he should have hit Kelce or just scrambled, would have got the first down either way. Terrible decision-making under very little pressure.
Im talking about this pass itself.

Its true there were other (easier) options but the pass was right where it should have been. Hill fails to make the play.

Last edited:

I will say this about Mahomes. He is defo above average

Im talking about this pass itself.

Its true there were other (easier) options but the pass was right where it should have been. Hill fails to make the play.
It was flat out the wrong option on that play.

3rd and 10 with 14 minutes on the clock, against a 3-3 nickel defense. Why on Earth throw it deep into double coverage when two of your progressions are in single coverage at 8 yards and 10 yards, and one of them is Travis Kelce in man with a linebacker? There was no pocket pressure, it was a three-man pass rush.

The technique and accuracy of the throw mean nothing if you throw it to a defender. Burrow would never have made that mistake.

It was flat out the wrong option on that play.

3rd and 10 with 14 minutes on the clock, against a 3-3 nickel defense. Why on Earth throw it deep into double coverage when two of your progressions are in single coverage at 8 yards and 10 yards, and one of them is Travis Kelce in man with a linebacker? There was no pocket pressure, it was a three-man pass rush.

The technique and accuracy of the throw mean nothing if you throw it to a defender. Burrow would never have made that mistake.
The pass wasn’t thrown to a defender it hit hill in the hands

The pass wasn’t thrown to a defender it hit hill in the hands
Sigh.

It was intercepted, because it was a high-risk play.

You keep saying "Hill's a small guy, you can't just throw him jump balls." Now you're saying a deep ball thrown to Hill in double coverage is a BETTER option than Kelce in single coverage against a linebacker.

Mahomes made a bad read. He threw a pass that you have repeatedly said is a poor fit for the WR in question. But now you're defending it and calling it a great pass (even though it was intercepted and you lost the game because of it) because Mahomes was the guy who threw it.

Behave.

Sigh.

It was intercepted, because it was a high-risk play.

You keep saying "Hill's a small guy, you can't just throw him jump balls." Now you're saying a deep ball thrown to Hill in double coverage is a BETTER option than Kelce in single coverage against a linebacker.

Mahomes made a bad read. He threw a pass that you have repeatedly said is a poor fit for the WR in question. But now you're defending it and calling it a great pass (even though it was intercepted and you lost the game because of it) because Mahomes was the guy who threw it.

Behave.
It was a great pass, but its not something you can do all the time. Though Hill should have caught it. I agree maybe Kelce was the better percentage play.

The play needs no defending in terms of the outcome, because it just bounced off people - total fluke.

At the end of the day the Bengals made a great second half adjustment by dropping 8 in coverage. The Chiefs offense grinded to a halt because they didn't counter by running the ball. It's not the first time this season where Mahomes has struggled against that D.

re. the Mixon fumble at the end

Here’s a play where a player gives himself up, it’s not a playoff game, and it’s not a fumble.

Never underestimate the underdog. The Bengals are better than people think they are. Their Offensive Line is very suspect and needs addressing in the draft, but Burrow (while no Mahomes/Allen/Herbert - my top three QB's) can get it done. If they also shore up their defense in the draft, they will be good for a couple of years too. Mixon is a solid RB, and Chase/Higgens/Boyd is as good a WR core as anything else in the NFL.

I just have this feeling about them this year. Oh, and my wife and I bought a Bengal cat this year, and its the Chinese year of the Tiger! lol

Never underestimate the underdog. The Bengals are better than people think they are. Their Offensive Line is very suspect and needs addressing in the draft, but Burrow (while no Mahomes/Allen/Herbert - my top three QB's) can get it done. If they also shore up their defense in the draft, they will be good for a couple of years too. Mixon is a solid RB, and Chase/Higgens/Boyd is as good a WR core as anything else in the NFL.

I just have this feeling about them this year. Oh, and my wife and I bought a Bengal cat this year, and its the Chinese year of the Tiger! lol

They're going at 10/1 in some bookies. I know it's the best pass rush against the worst O line, but I am strongly considering sticking a bit of money on that

They're going at 10/1 in some bookies. I know it's the best pass rush against the worst O line, but I am strongly considering sticking a bit of money on that

If the Bengals O Line can contain that pass rush, not the whole game, but just enough to give Burrow just the few opportunities he needs, Cincinnati can win this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back