NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence Taylor was the greatest defensive player ever. Joe Gibbs completely changed his entire offense and invented the two TE, one RB formation to deal with him. With Deion you just threw passes against the other defensive backs.

Lawrence Taylor was the greatest defensive player ever. Joe Gibbs completely changed his entire offense and invented the two TE, one RB formation to deal with him. With Deion you just threw passes against the other defensive backs.

Honestly being a lock down CB in today's game is way more impressive than when Sanders was doing his thing. Back then CB's could get away with so much more. When Sherman was at his peak he took half the field away in most games. Earl Thomas for his greatness at his peak didn't even have to worry about half the field.

Ace username btw.

Not having this shout though. Donald is up there, but LT was the most dominant defensive player in my lifetime.

LT is most certainly up there without question.

Maybe i am being biased as i've always had a soft spot for the 49ers, albeit that one season he was there. Always up against the games best receivers every week man to man; he was nothing short of sensational and completely eliminated opposing teams greatest threat in the air. Each to their own obviously, but its an interesting discussion.

Honestly being a lock down CB in today's game is way more impressive than when Sanders was doing his thing. Back then CB's could get away with so much more. When Sherman was at his peak he took half the field away in most games. Earl Thomas for his greatness at his peak didn't even have to worry about half the field.
Donald is averaging 12 sacks a season as an interior lineman. That shouldn't be possible. I think LT is the only one who is even a plausible argument at this point.

Donald is averaging 12 sacks a season as an interior lineman. That shouldn't be possible. I think LT is the only one who is even a plausible argument at this point.
Donald moves around a lot on the line. He’s not strictly a tackle, so he gets more opportunities to rush the passer. Lead pipe lock for the Hall of Fame, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back